Optiven Limited Job Vacancy 2018 for Kitchen Supervisor, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Optiven Limited Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Optiven Limited Job Vacancy 2018
The desired person will be responsible for overall operations of the back of the house and kitchen area of the restaurant.
Kitchen Supervisor Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall operation of the back of the house and kitchen area of the restaurant.
- Participate in hiring the right staff, purchase food, observe costs, pricing and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques.
- Ensure that the organization’s standards are upheld; the food is cooked properly; the proportions are correct and it is cooked and served quickly.
- Organizing Work Schedules & Shipments and ensure cleaning schedules are more organized.
- Make sure that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards.
- Proper records and book keeping by keeping tabs on food cost, waste and employee working hours, doing the best to optimize profit for the company and create the best dining experience possible for customers.
- Oversee Receivers and Dishwashers (including monitoring performance, approving time off, managing schedules & Reporting Areas of Misconduct to be rectified.
- Leadership role in the Back of House and rallying the team during heavy shifts and resolving any conflicts and getting the job done.
- Check and record the quantity of merchandise requested by the Kitchen & Restaurant, Manage Inventory levels and reorder levels.
- Communicate effectively to fix any discrepancies and ensure order accuracy, Communicate Standards clearly.
- Oversee repairs and maintenance.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Kitchen Supervisor Job
- A certificate or a diploma in Food Service Management, Culinary Arts or related from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Two years of progressive kitchen management experience
- Should be well conversant with Italian dishes, Pizza and Pasta
- Relevant Department of Health certification is a plus
- High volume purchasing, food storage, inventory control and sanitation experience
- Self-starter and ability to multitask
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary food handling principles
- Ability to lift, bend, carry up to 40 lbs., manage proper storage of food items as necessary
- Stamina to work long days around hot cooking elements, much of on feet
- Strong supervisory, leadership, hands-on management and coaching skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- Strong financial, budgetary, and food cost control practices
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Honesty and high level of integrity
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above are required to send their applications to email@example.com with “KITCHEN SUPERVISOR” being the subject of the email with detailed CV names & addresses of three referees.
The salary for the position is Ksh 25,000
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: