Open Capital Advisors Job Vacancy For Communications Senior Associate, Application Details
Open Capital Advisors is a management consulting and financial advisory firm that drives growth, enables investment, and builds markets across Africa. We help businesses, investors, and development partners identify opportunities to deliver unique, impactful solutions.
By offering deep, operationally-focused management support and creative financial structuring, we help open markets and support sustainable businesses to transform industries.
Since we founded Open Capital in 2010, we have completed more than 300 engagements across industries spanning 20 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Our Africa- based team of 50+ brings experience from the world’s top consultancies, private equity firms, investment banks, and development organizations including The Boston Consulting Group, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, IFC, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and The World Bank.
We have offices today in Nairobi, Kampala, and Lusaka, and expect significant expansion in the coming years, both in terms of the geographies where we work as well in terms of the types of engagements we structure with our clients.
Brand & Communications Role
We are looking for a creative individual who loves telling inspiring stories. We are a highly technical team, and we know we need a communications professional to help us showcase the details of our work.
Our ideal candidate has previous experience in journalism, public relations, or communications and is excited by the opportunity to share the untold stories of hundreds of small and growing businesses across Africa.
In addition to long-form writing, the candidate will also have experience managing social media platforms and content development, highlighting insights through these platforms on a weekly basis.
Table of Contents
Communications Senior Associate Job Responsibilities
- Writing strategic & compelling content for the website, client reports, and social media platforms
- Driving OCA’s social media strategy, soliciting content from our consulting team on a regular basis
- Using analytics to assess the effectiveness of social media posts, compiling frequent engagement reports
- Maintaining all updates to the website including articles, pictures/videos, and case studies
- Engaging with external stakeholders as needed to produce & publish compelling reports
Qualifications for the Communications Senior Associate Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communication or a related field
- Experience in marketing/communications strategy and writing experience
- Demonstrated success in creating a strong portfolio of compelling content
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills, specifically on technical topics
- Interest in economic development issues, SME development, and financing
- Strong interviewing, writing, and editing skills, including the ability to write a compelling story given basic facts
- Experience in using website software for website updates and editing, specifically WordPress
- Experience in Social Media account management & relevant analytical tracking systems
- Ability to manage priorities appropriately and multi-task as needed
- An understanding of copyright infringement and consumer privacy on digital platforms
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Photoshop or any design program an advantage
How to Apply
Apply here for the Communications Senior Associate Jobs Compensation will depend on experience and will increase with excellent performance. If interested, please apply and include at least two referees in your CV.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: