Okavango Capital Partners Job Vacancy 2018 for Private Equity Analyst, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Okavango Capital Partners Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Okavango Capital Partners Job Vacancy 2018
Okavango Capital Partners aims to generate competitive returns by targeting investments that combine strong commercial fundamentals with active opportunities to empower rural communities and strengthen ecosystems.
It plans to make investments in the food security, climate technologies and domestic nature tourism sectors across Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Zambia. Okavango has also established long-term strategic partnerships with the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) and Conservation Capital to enhance the team’s expertise and networks.
Role: Okavango is seeking high performing individual who will support supports the overall investment process, identifies investment opportunities, develops strategies to enhance value, and performs analytical and modeling efforts.
You will be part of a team of seasoned investment professionals and work closely with the Partners of Okavango Capital’s team in executing the firm’s investment plan. This position will be based in Okavango Capital’s HQ, located at the AWF offices in Nairobi.
Responsibilities for the Equity Analyst Job
- Conducts research, analyzes and evaluates a combination of industry, investment environment, competitive and valuation analysis for new and existing investment opportunities
- Leads extensive independent work in the development and preparation of financial models, including LBO, acquisition, M&A and credit modeling
- Performs due diligence in evaluating new and existing investment opportunities, including past performance, and evaluating the expected investment merits and risks
- Prepares financial models, management reviews, industry overviews, expected return scenarios, and presents findings to partners
- Participates in the ongoing management and monitoring of both the financial and operational aspects of portfolio investments and regular reporting to LPs and investment partners
- Liaise with external third parties, including lawyers, accountants, management consultants, and bankers
- Prepares and undertakes additional projects as required or assigned
Equity Analyst Job Qualifications
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience, preferably in an international investment bank, private equity house, institutional investing, big-four accounting firm or other applicable setting
- Knowledge and/or experience in East Africa a must.
- Undergraduate degree required from reputable institution; MSc or MBA from a prominent business school considered a plus; Additional qualifications are an asset, including CA, and/or CFA (or enrollment in program)
- Ability to develop complex financial models
- Strong understanding of applied investment and valuation analysis
- Self-starter, team-oriented, detail-oriented, and proven ability to perform in high-stress environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills – experienced in producing “client-ready” presentations, models, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Bilingual (English, Kiswahili).
- Well-developed interpersonal and social skills
How to Apply
Please send an email to [email protected] with a cover letter, your detailed CV as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: