Oikocredit Job Vacancies 2018 for Investment Officers, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Oikocredit Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Oikocredit Job Vacancy 2018
Oikocredit is a worldwide cooperative founded in 1975, that promotes sustainable development by providing loans, investments and capacity building to the financial inclusion, agriculture and renewable energy sectors. As a social investor, Oikocredit’s work is guided by the principle of empowering people to improve their livelihoods. Since 1995, Oikocredit has been providing support to financially disadvantaged people in Kenya and over the years, our operations have grown regionally to include Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda and Zambia. Our products and services include: loans, credit lines and equity investments to eligible microfinance institutions, trade cooperatives, savings and credit cooperatives, agricultural processors/exporters and Fair-trade organizations; and capacity building and technical assistance for our partners in terms of social performance management, client protection principles, risk management, product development, market and strategic positioning, plus human resource training and development. Oikocredit is a social impact investor; our activities are commercially focused, and our sustainability is key in order that our vision may be realized.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
The Job Role
To strengthen our operations in East Africa, we are looking for two Investment Officers who will work in the East Africa region. You will be responsible for building pipeline, analyzing and presenting investment proposals, monitoring your portfolio performance and building the capacity of your portfolio clients. This will be achieved through partnerships and provision of specialist advice to the relevant internal or external stakeholders. The ultimate goal is to create social impact with a sufficient financial return while delivering services in (new and) existing markets in full compliance with investment mandates, local law, regulation and Oikocredit policies and guidelines.
The Key Responsibilities
More specifically, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Building pipeline through collection of data and information from the market and identification of investment opportunities that are in line with Oikocredit policies on Risk, Impact and Profitability
- Conducting due diligence, carrying out comprehensive analysis, preparing and presenting investment proposal to the relevant committee for review and approval
- Managing and monitoring the investment portfolio’s performance and taking the necessary corrective actions
- Designing/reviewing/analysing disbursement proposals, negotiating terms, preparing and submitting proposals to the relevant committee for approval
- Preparing and presenting regular and ad hoc quantitative and qualitative reports and/or analyses as may be required for effective decision making
- Ensuring compliance at all time to guidelines and standards for processes and investments within own area of work based on Oikocredit procedures and regulations
- Initiating, developing and maintaining partnerships with a variety of internal departments and external stakeholders, in line with business needs, policies and external developments.
The Investment Officer we seek will be a customer-focused, self-driven, action-oriented, results-focussed professional with a passion for investing in people whilst maintaining a commercial mind-set.
You will also have:
- Advanced university degree in the field of finance and banking, business, economics or economic development,
- 4 – 6 years of relevant work experience in banking, market analysis and/ or economic development;
- Knowledge of inclusive finance/renewable energy/agriculture finance
- Extensive user skills of Microsoft Excel and computer literacy in general
- Proven experience of building networks, ensuring accountability
- Demonstrable communication, interpersonal, self-organization and analytical skills
- Willingness to travel within country/internationally up to 40% of the time (for the regional role)
- This position is open to citizens of the Eastern African region.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Oikocredit career website on jobs.adeptsystems.co.ke to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: