NRC Job Vacancy For Education Specialist NGO, Application Details
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to populations.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab, Kakuma and Mandera.
The Education Specialist will be responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of education projects in the Kenya programme and Tanzania Programme.
Education Specialist reports to the Head of Programmes
Table of Contents
Roles for the Education Specialist Job
- Develop Education strategy, technical SOPs, and Macro LFAs in line with NRC Programme Policy and national and international standards, and in coordination with other Core Competences
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Education CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education CC implementation, and incorporate them in Education CC and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Specific responsibilities
- Provide support and guidance to the non-formal education (NFE) and youth programming implemented in country
- Strategic project / programme planning, resource mobilisation (including contributing to grant writing) and revising the project/programme as necessary throughout the project and programme life cycles
- Ensure harmonization and consistency across education projects implemented in both Kenya and Tanzania.
- Ensure coordination with relevant education stakeholders including representation and effective networking.
Education Specialist Job Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as a senior Program Manager and/or Advisor of humanitarian/ recovery education programme, preferably in refugees / IDPs environments
- Proven expertise in Education (formal, non-formal and informal) with particular focus of complex programme with out of schoolchildren, youth.
- Experience of setting up and implementing monitoring, documentation and learning systems.
- University degree or higher education relevant to education and / or social science assignment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Prior experience and proven capability in training and capacity development
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
How to Apply
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no. Email and paper applications will not be considered
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: