Nova Pioneer Job Vacancy Laboratory Technician, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Nova Pioneer Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Nova Pioneer Vacancy 2018
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Laboratory Technician for our Tatu Secondary schools. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life.
Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration.
Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit http://www.novapioneer.com.www.novapioneer.com.
Key responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician Job
- Liaising with science teaching staff on their needs for practical work and maintain an efficient system for use and allocation of materials and equipment, setting a priority system where necessary.
- Advising science teaching staff on technical components of curriculum.
- Assisting science teaching staff with demonstrations.
- Assisting science teaching staff in instructing students on use/care of equipment.
- Advising and assist science teaching staff in safety matters relating to the science laboratory.
- Demonstrating laboratory techniques to science teaching staff/students.
- Setting out equipment and materials for classroom/department.
- Using clear classroom demonstrations.
- Maintaining a safe chemical storage/handling/disposal system in accordance with current regulations.
- Assisting with security of the science laboratory and equipment.
- Maintaining an inventory of equipment and annual stocktaking.
- Keeping a record of the consumables used regularly and maintain adequate supplies of them (including chemicals).
- Acquiring relevant catalogues and price lists.
- Ordering equipment and chemicals in consultation with the manager.
- Assisting with labelling, storage, stock-taking and ordering of equipment and chemicals.
- Servicing and clean simple laboratory apparatus/equipment.
- Developing maintenance procedures for laboratory equipment and organize maintenance where required.
- Reporting damages to equipment and arrange repairs.
- Conducting safety audits for the laboratories.
- Evaluating and select equipment, and make recommendations for purchase to Science Coordinator.
Laboratory Technician Job Qualifications
- Diploma or certificate in Science Laboratory Technology in Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized institution.
- You possess 1-3 years of working experience in a recognized secondary school or equivalent institution.
- You are able to prepare students’ practical work up to 8-4-4 level with minimum supervision.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: