Nova Pioneer Job Vacancy For School Dorm Father, Application Details
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar School Dorm Father who will be in charge of the pastoral life of the boys school.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21stcentury.
A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them.
A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school.
Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration.
Table of Contents
School Dorm Father Job Responsibilities
- Playing the role of a ‘parent’ for the students in a professional working relation
- Being a role model in all actions and behaviour to the students
- Defending the rights of the child
- Creating a safe environment for teenagers to develop their emotional and social skills.
- Supervising the wellbeing, discipline and behaviour of students
- Observing emotional behaviour and refer to school counsellor
- Maintaining cleanness in dorms
- Report to Dean of Residential Life
Note: This role requires you to live on campus with flexible working hours including working on weekends.
Qualifications for the School Dorm Father Job
- Certificate/Diploma in social work or any other relevant course in child welfare
- 2+ years experience working with students
- Professional counselling skills with a proven track record will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience working with teenagers before
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
How to Apply
Apply here for the School Dorm Father Jobs
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: