Nova Pioneer Job Vacancies 2018 for Facilities Supervisor
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Facilities Supervisor for our Tatu City Campuses. The Facilities Supervisor will identify and address safety risks on the different Campus grounds. This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life.
Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration.
Learn more about our learning approach here. Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
About the Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Being the go-to-person on the team when it comes to campus cleanliness, maintenance & repairs, facilities management, security and utilities.
- Responsible for the operation, supervision and maintenance of building systems to provide continuous supply of water, electrical power, and other utilities required for operations.
- Inspect the building and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions in need of repair.
- Prepare a schedule for maintenance matters with the operations team and agree when work will be carried out.
- Perform routine building maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Minimize maintenance disruptions to the running of the school.
- Adequately respond to maintenance requests.
- Ensure that all building management equipment has appropriate policy and standard level.
- Respond adequately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- 2+ years experience in facilities management.
- Degree or Diploma in a related field.
- You strive for excellence in every detail of your work and inspire and challenge everyone around you to do the same. You take pleasure in excellence more than credit or status.
- You demonstrate capacity to analyze complex situations and solve problems.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide a clear and effective written and verbal communication to the leadership team.
- You have an exceptional ability to think strategically and yet you sweat the small stuff—people see you as unusually detail-oriented and conscientious.
- You have the ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive matters.
- You have a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- You are proactive and have an enthusiastic approach to work.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply Here:http://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/AfRcE4uLuu/Facilities-Supervisor
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications for this role will close on 2nd March 2018. All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps within a week after this closing date. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
Working at Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best.
Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!).
We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: