Norwegian Refugee Council NGO Job Vacancies 2018 for Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Ref. No: 3742424242
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 4000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counseling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab.
The position will oversee the overall design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems and procedures and ensure that all aspects of M&E system are adhered to.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to the Area Manager – Dadaab.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Perform any other task assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- University degree preferably in social sciences, international relations and/or development or other relevant discipline
- At least 5 years’ relevant working experience in field M&E implementation
- Experience in design of baseline surveys and program evaluations
- Training in monitoring and evaluation
- Fluency in Excel is a must, as well as advanced use of Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge and experience of standard Monitoring and Evaluation procedures and tools
- Experience in use of large datasets for data analysis and reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Education field: Maths / Stats / Physics
Education level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Ability to make quick and smart judgments in recommending alternative solutions within changed ground scenarios
- Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels
- Good understanding of various donors’ requirements
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages
- Goal oriented, with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
Duty station: Dadaab
Contract period is up to December 2018 with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab
How to Apply
Email and paper applications will not be considered
Deadline for application: 22/03/2018
- EXPLORE MORE: