Norwegian Refugee Council Job Vacancy For Procurement, Application Details
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships. The purpose of the Procurement Assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities.
Roles for the Logistics Assistant Job
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, guidelines, procedures and donor requirement,
- Register and/or prepare requisitions, quotations and purchase orders and update status reports
- Prepare and file documents as required by line manager
- Prepare periodic procurement status reports and share appropriately
- Liaise with warehouse assistant on the planned delivery of materials meant for warehousing and obtain necessary documentation to facilitate payments to vendors
- Track current procurements and update them bi-weekly as per the Procurement Tracker Sheet (PTS) and forward the PTS to the line manager by 5th of every month
- Prepare RFQ, bid analysis and bid committee meeting minutes
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment,
- Ensure logistics compliance in procurement matters
- Timely processing of payments to vendors
- Communicate response to vendors on status of their bids
- Document and records management
- Develop a standard list of supplies for Dadaab and establish prices catalogue
- Manage inventory lists
- Assist the Logistics Officer in running the Logistics Unit in Dadaab and provide support to other colleagues during periods of absence (Warehouse, Fleet, etc)
Logistics Assistant Job Qualifications
- Hold a recognized Ordinary/Advanced Diploma in Business Administration/ Purchasing and Supplies Management. A degree in relevant field (Logistics/Procurement/Contracting/Supply) will be an added advantage
- Experience from working with procurement in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- At least 3 years previous work experience in service in the same functional area preferably with UN or NGO’s
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Accuracy and keen to details
- Ability to use computer systems in daily performance and possession of a good knowledge of spreadsheets,
- Word processors and database system is required.
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with suppliers, staff and management.
- Innovative and has an initiative mind that is self -motivated
- Ability to understand, tolerate cultural, religious diversity in the work place
- Knowledge of local language and ability to withstand vested interests from vendors and interference external persons on NRC procurement processes is an added advantage
- A good team player with high degree for initiative, flexibility and tolerance
- Assertive and able to explain issues to clients, clearly and with respect. Giving priority to organizational interests above everything else.
- Languag: English
- Duty station: Dadaab
- Contract period is upto 31st December 2018 with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: