Norwegian Refugee Council Job Vacancy For Grants Coordinator NGO, Application Details
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to populations.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab, Kakuma and Mandera.
The Grants Coordinator will to provide essential grant management support to HoP in delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC COs strategy and PoA for Kenya and for Tanzania.
Grants Coordinator reports to the Head of Programmes
Table of Contents
Roles for the Grants Coordinator Job
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents (including through the grants database – forthcoming)
- Coordinate the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports
- Be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals
- Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Contribute to continuously improving internal grant management systems including information management systems and M&E
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports
- Contribute to PCM trainings and usage of the NRC PCM frame work in the CO as delegated by the Head of Programme
- Support external donor audits
- Represent with relevant partners and donors as delegated
- Ensure key controls and tools are in place and maintained daily to support effective management of the funding portfolio and compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure copies of donor concept notes, proposals, contracts and reports are correctly filed on NRC’s filing system and also kept in hard copy.
- Work with CC Specialists to support implementing partners with reviewing of budgets, expenditure, donor rules and regulations, and implementation progress through grant opening, grant review and grant closing meetings with implementing partners, following NRC Kenya’s PCM guidelines
Grants Coordinator Job Qualifications
- 5 years of relevant experience within field of expertise in refugees and IDPs contexts
- Relevant experience from the project management in the humanitarian sector
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Above average computer skills
How to Apply
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no. Email and paper applications will not be considered
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: