Norwegian Refugee Council Job Vacancy 2019 for Regional Learning and Development Coordinator, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Norwegian Refugee Council Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Norwegian Refugee Council Job Vacancy 2019
The NRC East Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab and Kakuma.
Reports to: Regional Head of HR
The Regional Learning and Development Coordinator works in collaboration with the Regional HR team and the countries under the regional office on delivering the global and regional learning and Development activities and personally leading and delivering some of the learning and Development initiatives e.g facilitating trainings and or coordinating with consultants to deliver the initiatives. He/she may be required to handle other HR functions.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at regional level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, donor requirements, national labor laws and procedures
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis on the different learning and development initiatives
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures related to learning and Development
- Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, consultants, authorities, lawyers when required etc.
- Implement the regional learning and Development guidelines and initiatives.
- Responsible for the coordination and conducting NRC Way II induction courses according to set timelines for all staff in the region in close cooperation with NRC Way Trainers in the different field offices.
- Support country NRC Way I trainers to deliver the NRC Way 1 in all the countries
- In close cooperation with HQ HR coordinate and encourage staff to take online training modules
- Develop new learning and development materials/modules from scratch
- Plan and coordinate new learning and Development initiatives from HQ.
- Promotion of Organisation learning across the region
- Coordination of other staff development initiatives as agreed by the EAY Regional Management Team.
- Responsible for planning and implementing the NRC Annual Learning and Development Plan in close cooperation with Area Managers, Head of Departments, Heads of
- Support, Country HR Managers and Country Directors.
- Support in estimating learning and Development need budgets to feed into the annual budgets
- Actively participate in the NRC Global Learning & Development network, sharing experiences from the EA&Y region and taking back knowledge and ideas that can promote the
- L&D function across the region and increase its relevance for field operations
Competencies Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. Details about NRC’s competencies are to be found in the Competency Framework. Competencies are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following three categories: competencies
Value driven competencies
Values are aspirational attitudes and beliefs that influence the way people conduct themselves. NRC’s values are: Dedicated, Innovated, Inclusive and Accountable.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. Of the 12 behavioral competencies, the following are essential for this position:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust Handling insecure environments
- You must have experience in delivering learning and Development programmes and organization learning and development
- Capacity to systematically enquire and to analyse trends in learning and development needs across the region
- Experience in delivering trainings and personally facilitating some
- Ability to coordinate and work well with country Directors and Country HR staff
- knowledge of online web based learning and Development
- Experience in learning and development role
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or any other relevant discipline related to Learning and Development
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- knowledge of the context in the East Africa & Yemen is an added advantage.
The employee will be accountable for and evaluated on the responsibilities and the competencies, based on NRC’s Performance Management System. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
The Job Description
The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
The Competency Framework
Duty Station: Nairobi
Contract Duration: Until 31st December 2019 with possibility of extension depending on the funding.
Salary and Benefits: NRC offers competitive compensation package
Travel: 40% travel to the countries in the region
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tool for this purpose.
NRC is an equal opportunity employer with no discrimination in terms of sex, religion, ethnic origin or political affiliation. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council career website on www.webcruiter.no to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: