Norwegian Refugee Council Job Vacancies 2018 for Logistics Manager
Ref. No: 3748313471
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to populations.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab, Kakuma and Mandera.
The purpose of the Logistic Manager is to be responsible that the logistic set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
Logistics Manager reports to the Country Director
- Ensure that country set up comply with Logistical Handbook, NRC policies and donor requirements
- Implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities
- Management of the logistics team
- Ensure anti-corruption focus in procedures and trainings
- Establish filing systems/archives according to NRC standards in all offices
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure the implementation of recommendations from audits or investigations related to logistics and procurement.
- Ensure the proper documentation management in relation to One Drive is undertaken
- Proactively ensure that NRC’s logistics systems and procedures are being implemented and followed by all staff in field offices.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Logistics Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Kenya context (refugee settings)
- Experience of combatting corruption
- Capacity-building and training experience and skills
- Education Field: Logistics
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary / benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no.
Email and paper applications will not be considered
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: