Norwegian Refugee Council Job Vacancies 2018 for Food Security Project Officer
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab, Kakuma and Mandera.NRC is seeking to recruit Livelihood and Food Security Project Officer. The Project Officer is responsible for coordination of the Livelihoods and Food Security Interventions at Mandera office.
The Livelihood and Food Security Project Officer report to the Head of Office – Mandera.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with Livelihood and Food Security CC strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- Responsible for implementation of relevant technical activities in the LFS project in Mandera
- Responsible for tracking of financial expenditures of the project
- Provide technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Ensure relevant data collection and produce reports and analysis as required
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Represent NRC in relevant coordination forums and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Coordinate the implementation of LFS interventions according to project proposals and plans;
- Develop and implement operational work plans in accordance with the project’s budget, Logical framework, and administrative guidelines;
- Support development of a contextual analysis of livelihoods and food security issues affecting the target groups and the County;
- Prepare high quality reports and other program updates as required as well as ensure proper documentation of project files;
- Support target communities to establish Community Based Early Warning Systems (CBEWS) in collaboration with National Drought Management Authority (NDMA), County Government of Mandera and other relevant stakeholders;
- To technically mentor and supervise Assistant LFS officer working under his supervision as well as carry out Staff performance appraisal;
- Strengthen the linkage and foster good working relations with relevant organizations, government representatives and community based organizations;
- Represent the LFS CCs in various forums and technical working groups within and outside the County as may be requested by the Head of office.
- Develop an exit strategy plan for project.
- Conduct financial service mapping and identification.
- Degree in Agriculture, Natural resources Management, Environmental studies or developments studies
- At least 3 years of experience working with livelihoods and food security interventions in a humanitarian/recovery context with international NGOs or similar organization.
- Knowledge/ skills in development of quality proposals/concept notes
- Report writing skills
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts with multi-sectoral stakeholders including county governments and local communities;
- A broad grasp of issues related to Livelihoods and food security development especially in rural setting;
- Technical training in agricultural, rural development, environmental/range science and related fields
- Knowledge of participatory rural appraisal;
- Experience working with pastoral/agro pastoralist communities on livelihoods and development programs such as cash transfer programs.
- Agricultural / Forestry / Aquaculture
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills ;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English. Knowledge of Somali an asset
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Strong understanding of protection principles
- Duty station: Mandera
- Contract period is up to October 2018 with possibility of extension. Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Mandera.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: