Non-Profit Organization Job Vacancy For Assistant Librarian, Application Details
A nonprofit organization focusing on helping populations in Nairobi through education, community outreach and economic empowerment programmes in order to facilitate sustainable change is seeking to urgently fill the above position.
Table of Contents
Responsibilities for the Assistant Librarian Job
- Preparation and organization of library resources
- Bibliographic searching and retrieval through bibliographic checks and searches
- Process request for, and disseminate publications
- Reference and information service
- Maintain serial records and update database
- Provide user services, including addressing inquiries and document delivery
- Ensure efficient retrieval by users
- Search external database programs for the availability of cataloguing copy
- Ensure an accurate inventory of resources and maintaining inventories, compiling statistics and generating reports as required
- Ensure no inventory leaves the library without adequate recording and appropriate authorization
- Develop and maintain cataloguing procedures
- Respond to daily on-site requests for information
- Train library users to effectively search the library catalogue, internet and other electronic resources
- Provide an interlibrary loan service for both book and audiovisual materials and maintain records
- Maintain records for the interlibrary loan service
- Carry out any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor
Assistant Librarian Job Qualification
- Must be proficient in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Library policies, procedures, methods, ethics and professional standards
- Knowledge and proficient use of computer
- Good organization and planning skills
- Effective verbal, written, presentation, listening and communications skills.
- Ability to perform duties with deliberate speed and accuracy.
- Mature with excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Relevant experience in working in a community library.
- Must have a Diploma in Diploma in Library & Information Studies from a reputable institution with at least Two (2) years post qualification work experience in Library and preferably in an informal sector.
How to Apply
Send your application clearly stating the position applying for in subject to [email protected] by 22 December 2017. Please note that, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: