Nithi Water & Sanitation Company Job Vacancies 2018 for Assistant Technical Manager
Nithi Water & Sanitation Company (NIWASCO) a Water Service Provider owned by County Government of Tharaka-Nithi and contracted by Tana Water Services Board (TWSB) as an agent to provide water and sanitation services in parts of Chuka, Igamba, Ng’ombe and Maara constituencies.
NIWASCO is seeking to recruit qualified, result oriented individual to join the company and assist in its transformation towards achieving its mission and visio
Assist the Technical Services Manager in:
- Directing, coordinating, controlling and managing the company’s Technical operations and maintenance of infrastructure to ensure that water and sewerage services are provided to the required standards.
- Steering the development of departmental policies, procedures and action plans in line with the Company mission and objectives.
- Overseeing sourcing, production, treatment and effective distribution of water;
- Providing strategic and technical leadership in the Technical Services Department to ensure provision of high quality services to customers.
- Overseeing construction and maintenance of the water infrastructure;
- Ensuring the quality checks are carried out on time and remedial action taken;
- Overseeing preparation of comprehensive departmental reports and budgets, to General Manager to facilitate decision-making;
- Ensuring that water infrastructure is operated and maintained to the required standards;
- Providing technical expertise and advice in the acquisition of contractors and consultants for both minor and major works;
- Provide overall supervision of daily Operation and Maintenance of the water and sanitation services;
- Head the None Revenue Water Unit.
- Establishment of a NRW management unit plans and targets that are realistic and workable within the company.
- Ensure regular/daily, prompt and accurate preparation of water production, sales and supply statistics. Collating and analyzing the NRW data and advising all the sections on any interventions that may be necessary at any point in time.
- Oversee preparation of comprehensive departmental reports, bill of quantities and budgets, to the General Manager to facilitate decision-making;
- Closely and strictly enforce the implementation of the drawn up programmes and action plans.
- Work across all departments and sections in enforcing of all the targets related directly to NRW reduction and management.
- Develop plans on appropriate infrastructure and consumer mapping.
- Develop resource requirements for each zone with regard to the set NRW management plans and strategies.
- Provide leadership in undertaking the NRW reduction operations on the ground.
- Any other responsibilities assigned from time to time by management for purposes of NIWASCO achieving its mandate.
- Diploma/Higher National Diploma in Water Engineering or related field
- At least 8 years of progressive work experience in the Water sector.
- At least 3years direct experience in Non-Revenue Water management and will have either held employment with a Water Service
- Provider utility or consulted for a water utility on matters of NRW management.
- Technical knowledge of water supply operations, repair and maintenance, leak detection, revenue collection and metering in supply area.
- Must be computer literate(MS Office) and have practical experience in report writing
- Must have a valid Motorcycle riding License.
- Must proof compliance with Chapter six of our constitution (KRA, KACC, CID, HELB, CRB clearance certificates)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications with updated CVs which should include, Names and telephone contacts of three professional referees, certified copies of education and professional certificates and other relevant testimonials, day time telephone contacts and current and expected gross remuneration to the address below.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 27th February, 2018 at 10.00 am
The General Manager Nithi Water and Sanitation Company Ltd. P.O. Box 263 – 60400 Chuka
Only qualified and thereof shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: