NCPD Recruitment 2018 for Corporation Secretary, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for NCPD Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
NCPD Recruitment 2018
The National Council for Population and Development is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency in the National Treasury and Ministry of Planning.
The Council seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Advert No. 06/2018
The Corporation Secretary will be report to the Board through the Director-General.
Job Purpose: The job holder is responsible for providing guidance to the Board on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of governance.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Corporation Secretary Job
- Responsible for organizing Board induction and training
- Updating the Board and Committee charters
- Preparation of Board work plans
- Coordinating Board Evaluation
- Coordinating governance audit
- Implementation of the code of conduct and ethics
- Responsible for timely preparation and circulation of Board and Committee minutes
- Custodian of the seal of the Council and account to the Board for its use
- Maintain and update the register of conflicts of interests
- Ensure the Board members are aware of all relevant laws affecting the organization
- Facilitate effective communication between the Council and stakeholders
- Filling annual reports with relevant authorities.
- Responsible for circulating Board and Committee papers in advance of any meeting.
- Proof reading all Council contracts
- Attending to legal matters affecting the Council
Corporation Secretary Job Qualifications
For appointment to this post a candidate must at least be;
- A holder of Bachelor’s degree and masters in Law from a recognized University
- Have Certified Secretary qualifications;
- Hold Post Graduate Diploma in Law from a recognized body,
- Be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Have at least Seven (7) years of experience in a reputable law firm;
- Be a member of the Institute of Certified Secretaries
- Be proficient in Ms. Office applications;
- Candidates who have attended a Strategic Leadership Development Programme/Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks or its equivalent will have an added advantage;
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letter together with detailed CV indicating three (3) names of references, current position/grade and daytime telephone numbers, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card/Passport.
In addition, shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies: Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations, Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Credit Reference Bureau and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
The applications should reach the undersigned NOT LATER than 6th July, 2018
The Director General National Council for Population and Development P. O. Box 48994-00100 Nairobi – Kenya
Hand – Delivered applications can be delivered to National Council for Population and Development head office situated at the Chancery Building, 4th floor, Valley Road.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: