NCCK Job Vacancies 2018 for Housekeeper
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position: Housekeeper
Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Manager, this position is responsible for overall operations of housekeeping, laundry and public areas.
- Establish and maintain housekeeping and laundry scheduling procedures taking into consideration percentage in occupancy, time and use of facilities and related public areas and events.
- Develop an inspection plan for all public areas and guest rooms to ensure that proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
- Co-ordinate activities in the laundry and housekeeping department with minimal disruption to the Guest House.
- Develop budgets for housekeeping, laundry and public area and ensure that each one operates within the established limits.
- Establish training programmes which will enable positions of increased responsibility to be filled within the department.
- Maintain quality standards in all areas of responsibility and motivate subordinates to do the same
- Create a friendly and courteous attitude in all staff in the department.
- Communicate freely and effectively with seniors and subordinates passing any information and encouraging discussions in decision making so as to make them feel that they are part of the operation of the Guest House.
- Conduct employee performance appraisal on time and provide counseling to staff as necessary.
- Maintain control of linen rooms, store rooms, and ensure adequate security and supply.
- Liaise daily with Front office to advise them of all ready rooms and receive checkout rooms.
- Keep proper documentation of lost/found items in the rooms.
- Provide periodic information on bed occupancy.
- Set up room/facilities for conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Be responsible for the proper scheduling of the department, keeping in mind the forecast and daily occupancy.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Kenya Secondary School Education (KCSE).
- Diploma in Housekeeping.
- Certificate/Diploma in Food Production
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High personal standards – cleanliness and neatness.
- Must have good analytical skills.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be a team player.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form(Click Here to Download). Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:00 noon, Tuesday 20th March 2018, indicating their availability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: