NCCK Job Vacancies 2018 for Head Waiter
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya.
- Ensure that all the food and beverage service staff in the Resort are assigned specific duties and that high quality service is provided at all times.
- Co-ordinate food and beverage services with the Production Unit and in that respect work closely with the chef and storekeeper.
- Ensure that relevant and adequate stock levels of food and beverage items and the accompaniments including appropriate linen and other accessories are maintained at all times in order to provide good service to customers and project a good image of Jumuia Conference & Country Home.
- Ensure proper management of equipment, utensils, and supplies.
- Liaise closely with the Chef as regards menu and food presentation and ensuring that all food items are maintained under hygienic conditions at all times.
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas where food and beverage is served.
- Seek regular feedback from clients on service standards in the restaurant.
- Ensure good and secure custody of food and beverage stock and proper and accountability of all food and beverage sales and control of breakages, flats and shortages.
- Ensure that all internal training and briefings to food and beverage staff is adequately given out and that a summary of all the training sessions is submitted periodically to the Manager.
- Ensure that all functions, i.e. workshops, seminars, meetings and outside catering of all kinds are well catered for in terms of food and beverage supplies, presentation and quality of services.
- Ensure that all cash sales are properly accounted for and reconciled with guest register at the front office.
- Design the restaurant duty roaster.
- Good ability to utilize the available resources to attain maximum operational performance.
- Great conscious on cost saving and conservation on finances, energy, water, stationary, equipment etc
- Prepare & submit various reports as required, within the set deadlines.
- Good knowledge in basic financial understanding in order analyze & prepare departmental budgets.
- Ensure set departmental budgets are achieved.
- Responsible to set & implement departmental objectives in order to achieve set departmental targets.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
- Advanced certificate in food & beverage sales & service or a diploma in food and beverage management from a recognized institution.
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good command of English and Kiswahili.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic Accounting skills.
- Must have good multi-cultural orientation.
- High personal standards – cleanliness and neatness.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent Knowledge in point of sale (POS) system
- Good knowledge in computer skills
- Creative / Innovative.
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least three years in a 4 star hospitality establishment.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form(Click Here to Download). Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to [email protected] before 12:00 noon, Tuesday 20th March 2018, indicating their availability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Share this post with your Friends: