NCCK Job Vacancies 2018 for Head Chef
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya
Duty Station: Jumuia Coffee House, Nairobi
Main Purpose Of The Job
- Maintaining optimum staff schedules, operating equipment stock level and providing staff with quality working tools
- Menu planning and management to ensure efficient food dispensing, service and presentation is provided in order to meet guest and staff satisfaction
- To maintain a conducive working environment for the kitchen staff so as to provide food service to guest and staff satisfaction
- Ensure costs and quality are controlled so as to meet departmental budget
- To ensure proper usage of friendly products, water, energy and waste management for the purpose of maintaining environmental conservation and hygiene
- Plan menus for expected clients.
- Project orders and requisition as per the menus.
- Ensure quality of food items purchased.
- Ensure proper management of equipment, utensils and supplies.
- Ensure proper maintenance of cleanliness and hygiene standards in the department as per requirement.
- Allocate duties; schedule all staff leave and time-offs and keep records of the same for the department.
- Prepare the budget for the department.
- Identify training needs for departmental staff.
- Conduct regular in-house training for departmental staff.
- Coach, mentor and perform regular appraisal of departmental staff.
- Participate in management processes and decisions.
- Seek feedback on catering issues and take appropriate action on issues raised and provide periodic update to management on issues.
- Keep track of new trends in the industry and advise management accordingly.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- Diploma in Food Production
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Creativity and innovativeness
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player
Relevant Job Experience
- 3 years experience as a Sous Chef or Chef de Parti-Saucier in an environment that offers national and international cuisine.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form(Click Here to Download). Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to [email protected] before 12:00 noon, Tuesday 20th March 2018, indicating their availability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: