National Bank Recruitment 2018 for Senior Forensic Investigator- Electronic Fraud, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for National Bank Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
National Bank Bank Recruitment 2018
National Bank is a major player in Kenya’s banking industry. It is one of the largest banks in the country giving financial services to all sectors of the economy. The bank will continue to cover the financial landscape and respond positively to the needs of its customers, shareholders and the economy besides offering traditional financial services and products.
Job Ref No.HR/004/2018
Reporting to: Head of Security & Investigations
Reporting to the Head of Security & Investigations, the successful candidate will be responsible for examining and investigating Digital and Electronic frauds affecting the Bank whilst delivering evidence as and when required in a court of law. The individual should have the ability to retrieve information from computers and other types of data storage devices whether in working condition or damaged either externally or internally corrupted by hacking or viruses.
Forensic Investigator Job Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct fraud examinations touching on digital media to identify and document relevant findings.
- Investigate cases of fraud perpetrated through electronic channels or devices and produce reports using defined forensic policy, practices, and procedures.
- Acquire, collect, document, and preserve evidence from various forms of electronic media and equipment in accordance with Bank’s policy, and the law.
- Testify in examination process, chain of custody and findings.
- Work closely with business in identifying risks for products that use digital platforms and offer relevant advice as may be required.
- Assist in conducting fraud analysis and providing management information for decision making.
- Identify forensic requirements, research, test, analyse, and recommend solutions for management approval.
- Conduct fraud risk assessment on IT infrastructure and applications and recommend requisite corrective action.
- Recover and examine data from computers and other electronic storage devices in order to detect any fraudulent activities and prepare evidence for use during internal disciplinary process and or criminal prosecutions.
- Prepare technical reports detailing how the computer evidence was discovered and all the steps taken during the retrieval process.
- Research and keep abreast with the new forensic methodologies and technology and also train colleagues and staff on proper procedures with regard to computer evidence.
- Assist with the seizure of computer-related evidence, preparation of search warrants, and the preparation of investigative information for court and or disciplinary purposes.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments on computer hardware, software, and network systems for all key Bank systems.
- Offer Technical advice and support to Head of Security & Investigations, Chief Risk Officer and the relevant law enforcement agencies on computer crime and digital forensic analysis
- Prioritization and project management of fraud/forensic investigations by establishing risk based plans and effectively implementing them.
- Make value adding recommendations to address areas of vulnerability to fraud.
- Ensure that significant offences of theft, fraud & dishonesty against the bank are investigated and reported in a consistent manner.
- Serve as a technical consultant to the Bank on computer crime and digital forensic analysis
Qualifications for the Forensic Investigator Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Professional Certification in any of the following field is a MUST, Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE), CISM, CISA, certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CFE.
- A good knowledge of Information Security & Systems Audit.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Bank’s Forensic Department.
- Knowledge/experience in internal audit and law enforcement processes.
- Proficient technical experience in troubleshooting personal computers.
- A good understanding of file system types and hard disk drive structures.
- An understanding of data collection and preservation principles.
- Ability to conduct data mining, data analysis and reporting.
- An understanding of networking concepts and systems.
- Good understanding of security appliances including but not limited to IDS, IPS, Firewall, and SIEM systems.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to describe complex technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms.
- Knowledge of Windows, Apple, and Linux based computer technologies.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV addressed to the Director Human Resources, stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com by 8th May 2018.
Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: