National Bank of Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 for Relationship Manager, Large Commercial
Job Ref No. HR/029/18
Position Title: Relationship Manager, Large Commercial
Available Positions: One (2)
Division: Corporate Banking Division
Reporting to: Head Commercial Banking
Position Scope: The relationship manager is required to market and manage Large Commercial Business customer relationships through a pro-active and consultative approach with detailed understanding of customers’ business (es) to offer sustainable business solutions.
- Evaluate new and existing customer applications for credit and offer advise on suitability of solution and risk acceptance (review applications against approved Product Development Documents, Departmental Operating Instructions and National Bank Policies and standards).
- Initiate marketing and credit calls with existing and potential customers while keeping a record of all customer calls.
- Initiate periodic review of accounts under his/her portfolio
- Manage the existing Liability portfolio to protect the Banks exposure and maximize returns in a manner consistent with Corporate Banking strategy and in line with the Bank’s policy.
- Aggressively market for Liabilities from new and existing clients and manage the acquired portfolio.
- Monitor Liability trends and overall pricing of deposits in line with the strategy for department.
- Ensure adherence to anti money laundering guidelines/principles and keep alert to the risk of money laundering and support in the Banks efforts in combating it.
- Responsible for identifying your customers, knowing your customer, reporting suspicious transactions or attempts and safeguarding records thereof.
- Evaluate risks associated with individual transactions, products and customers on an ongoing basis e.g. excesses
- Analyse and review Company financials, Company Management Documents and associated risks for purposes of providing recommendations for Credit Applications.
- Liaise with Credit Department to recommend appropriate facility/structure/product solutions to meet individual customer needs.
- Provide feedback to Bank Management and stakeholders with respect to customer requirements, Bank products, customer Queries etc.
- Foster effective working partnerships with corporate staff and other partners with a view to grow the business.
Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- At least Eight (8) years experience in Business / Commercial Banking relationship management of which five (5) must be in management level.
- Good knowledge of Banks products, services, procedures and policies, especially KYC & Anti-Money Laundering procedures.
- Formal training in relationship management & credit/lending knowledge is an added advantage
- Experience in a sales /customer service environment will be an added advantage
- Strong negotiation, persuasion & presentation skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written)
- Customer oriented & team player
- Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to: [email protected] by 20th March 2018.
Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Share this post with your Friends: