National Bank of Kenya Job Vacancies 2018 for Regional Branch Business Manager
Job Ref No. HR/015/18
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for championing the transformation of branches and providing powerful strategic regional branch leadership, deliver exceptional business growth through optimization of existing branch business channels and development of new business opportunities for all bank products to include; Personal Banking, SEBs, Business Banking, Institutional banking, Commercial Banking and Corporate, Islamic banking, Premium Banking, Diaspora segments and Banca Assurance.
- Formulate and drive business strategies for the region.
- Assume ownership on branch strategic initiatives and plans that will be aligned to NBK Bank products and that will focus on increasing effectiveness in the controls and customer service.
- Contribute to and take a practical role in the strategic direction of Regional Branch Business ensuring that the Bank’s objectives as relates to the Region in particular and Retail Banking in general are met.
- Develop initiatives aimed at cost minimization within the branches and that are geared towards increasing customer convenience and service standards.
- Ensure new revenue generation through opening up the markets for business opportunities for all NBK products and services.
- Channel performance reviews and branch business performance analysis reports to the respective business heads.
- Take leadership in driving new product introductions and commercialization in the region.
- Responsible for identification, effective set up and commercialization of new branch channels
- Forecast, plan, implement and monitor all regional sales, cost and expenditure activities within set budget and proactively and promptly device remedial actions to minimize the variances between the budget and actual performance.
- Co-ordinate all regional activities, CSR and other bank wide programs.
- Ensure that all processes for product and transactions management, incident management, problem management, change management, customer service management and operational risk management are drawn up ,updated in a timely manner and adhered to
- Monitor branch TAT observance and customer service standards to achieve operational efficiencies
- Ensure credit risk management for different branch portfolios is maintained and NPA book is maintained at acceptable levels
- Coach & mentor the team while adopting best practices in people and performance management in line with laid down HR policies and procedures, with the aim of developing a high performing team.
- Establish a management and communications structure with respective branches in the area / region to manage transformation, operational actions and execute all branch business deliverables
- Ensure superior customer offering in the region
- Ensure optimum utilisation of Bank’s resources in the region.
- Effective management of risks in the region as per the laid down guidelines and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Master degree in a business related field will be preferred
- Ten (10) Years experience in Banking of which five (5) years should be at Branch Management level or a senior Corporate relationship management level
- Demonstrated experience at management level on product development
- Sound knowledge of Banking laws & regulations
- Proficient in computer applications
- Strategic thinker with good commercial acumen and ability to identify economic opportunities in changing environment and capitalize on them.
- Conversant with current trends in consumer banking with a strong commercial orientation
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal & team management skills.
- Project Management skills
- Excellent analytical & report writing skills
- Customer focused – striking a solid balance between external and internal customer orientation
- Business Acumen
- Ability to drive the Brand image in the region
- Oversee customer service within the region
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV addressed to the Director Human Resources, stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by 28th February 2018.
Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: