National Bank of Kenya Job Vacancies 2018 for Graphic Designer
Job Ref No. HR/014/18
Division: Marketing, Corporate Communication & Customer Experience
Reporting to: Design & Marketing Manager
Position Scope: The overall responsibility for the role holder will be to create and maintain the Brand’s design and while offering technical support to ensure the Bank’s communication is relayed in line with the Marketing strategy.
He/she will be required to use various skills so as to bring communication alive by getting their clients’ messages across with high visual impact.
The role demands a keen business sense as well as creative flair.
- Execute client briefs from typesetting through to design, print and production in line with marketing guidelines.
- Liaison with Marketing business partners with regard to design style, format, print production and time scales for client briefs
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations and other visual messages to be relayed for communication purpose.
- Provide advisory on technical aspects such as size and format of illustrative material and copy to user departments.
- Preparation of clients’ brief and work based on agreed requirements within the SLA and quality desired.
- Review of final layouts with the user department and suggesting of improvements if required
- Liaise with external stakeholders providing tools such as printers on a regular basis to ensure SLAs are met and output is as required by the user department and marketing guidelines.
- Delivery of innovative and captivating and creative design solutions for the Bank.
- Effective design for different users in the Bank within agreed brand parameters as guided by the marketing procedures and guidelines
- Responsible for maintenance of brand guidelines and procedures up to date with agreed revisions
- Deliver brand collateral to user department within the agreed SLAs and budgets
- Manage costs while carrying out the day to day units with a focus on return on investments for each project undertaken.
- Working with team members in MCCE to ensure effective and timely delivery of marketing and communications collateral to events hosted outside the premises.
- Internal stakeholder management by proactively and regularly organizing meetings to ensure seamless flow of work and information.
- External stakeholder management by proactively engaging agencies and other third party vendors in order to get creative solutions while getting value for the Bank’s investment.
- A bachelors degree in Communications / Advertising/ Graphic Design or related field from a recognized university
- A master’s degree in a Communication related field will be an added advantage
- Certification in Graphics Design or Animation
- Certification in Branding and Design
- Two years’ experience as a desk top publisher
- Agency Experience agency or in-house design experience
- Proven experience in producing materials for print and online, and managing printers
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Video editing capabilities desirable but not essential
- Content management system experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as Kenya media laws
- HMTL programming experience
- Proficiency using a Mac operating system
- Knowledge of latest web technologies and industry trends, html knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Ability to work to deadlines in a busy environment – working on multiple projects at any given time
- Knowledge of professional standards and banking policies and procedure
- Knowledge in Directing, Scripting and Shooting
- Communication Proficiency,
- Customer focus, Negotiation and Networking skills
- Sound Judgment and decisiveness, Thoroughness and Time Management
- Agility and flexibility
- Personal and team Organizational Skills
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by 16th March 2018
Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More