National Bank Job Vacancies 2018 for Network Engineer
The role holder will be responsible for offering front line support for the Bank’s network Infrastructure including the Telephony system. The role will include research, testing and support of the Bank’s network system in line with best practice and the Bank’s ICT guidelines.
- Research and contribute to Innovation within the department to ensure resource efficient means of operation.
- Perform first level support for all network incidences, maintenance and related issues in the Bank.
- Resolve all Network problems logged promptly and appropriately to ensure exceptional customer experience.
- Schedule and execute preventive maintenance of the Network Infrastructure in the Bank in line with the Bank’s ICT guidelines and related compliance requirements.
- Ensure Network documentation and maintenance of the same within the Bank’s ICT guidelines and related compliance requirements.
- Manage Configuration of all Network equipment in the Bank including backup configuration and application of Standardized configuration templates to the Network equipment.
- Ensure validity of the Bank’s Network licenses and initiate acquisition of the same where required before expiry.
- Evaluate the Bank’s equipment requirements for supply, implementation and development of new or existing services and systems.
- Facilitate the development of detailed plans to ensure effective scheduling of ICT Change during Technology projects in the Bank within expected time and cost frames
- Ensure SLA adherence, monitoring &breaches reporting standards are upheld in line with the ICT guidelines.
- Ensure the highest level of network system availability and performance is achieved through monitoring and proactive initiatives.
- Regular monitoring of all outstanding faults and liaison with services providers regarding the faults and provide periodic reports on network and bandwidth utilization.
- Take part in BCP/ DRP process and documentation reviews as recommended by ICT guidelines, ICT Risk guidelines and best practice.
- Carry out periodic network self-assessments on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls and highlight emerging issues and follow through for closure.
- University Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field
- Cisco Certification CCNA (Route & Switch), CCNA Security, CCNP (Route & Switch).
- Knowledge of Firewalls (Check Point & Cisco ASA)
- Knowledge of network configuration and troubleshooting will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of network types i.e. LAN, WAN will be preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a relevant field
- Moderate to advanced skills in computing
- Adaptability and teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Innovative and Creative
- Proven excellent planning, organization and execution skills.
- Ability to drive change
- Working with others
- Active listening, Good Personal Organisation
- Good knowledge of Banking laws and regulations
- Speed of execution
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to: email@example.com by 5th March 2018
Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: