Nation Media Job Vacancy 2019 for Rewrite Editor
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Nation Media Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Nation Media Job Vacancy 2019
- Job Number: HR-RWE-03-2019
Reporting to the Head of content, the job holder will provide a first-stop quality check for stories by verifying facts, re-writing, revising, subbing and packaging print and online content, making sure they conform to editorial objectives, journalistic ethics, quality and house style, and ensuring that the stories reflect Day 2 journalism. He/ she will work closely with the News Editor and Chief Sub Editor for quality check and advisory on story placement and treatment.
- Fact checking, recasting and rewriting stories in conformity with NMG’s house style and editorial policy;
- Advising News Editor or Chief Sub about placement and treatment of stories;
- Reviewing reporters work and giving feedback on areas that require improvement;
- Liaising with the News Editor, Editor Online and New Content to achieve efficient work flow;
- Assisting the News Editor to guide reporters and sub-editors and recommending their further training.
- University Degree in Mass Communication or any related field from an accredited institution;
- Postgraduate qualification in journalism, media studies;
- At least 5 years’ journalism experience and demonstrated writing and editing experience in a newsroom;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a good understanding of editorial practices, writing and editing requirements in a busy newsroom;
- Must have a good eye for detail, with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills;
- Experience working in a very deadline drove environment;
- Good organisational skills and ability to work effectively with the team and collate material from multiple sources;
- Strong interpersonal skills & communication skills;
- Very strong analytical skills;
- Strong writing and reporting skills;
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com on or before March 19, 2019.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: