Nakuru County Job Vacancy 2018 for Assistant Health Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Nakuru County job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Nakuru County Job Vacancy 2018
The Nakuru County Public Service Board wishes to invite applications from candidates who have the requisite qualifications to fill the following position:-
Assistant Animal Health Officer Job Responsibilities
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a more experienced officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail;
- participating in animal health field demonstrations and agricultural shows;
- participating in sample collection and dispatch;
- inspecting livestock stock routes;
- and collecting data and writing technical reports;
- demonstrating and training on milking techniques and external parasite control techniques such as dipping, spraying and dusting;
- carrying out vaccination, closed castration, dehorning, ear tagging, branding, deworming, disbudding, docking, debeaking and hoof trimming;
- carrying out simple treatment of animals; participating in disease search and reporting;
- keeping records on animal breeding, animal health, milk production, dipping data and maintaining dairy units.
Requirements for the Assistant Animal Health Officer Job
For appointment to this grade an officer must:
- Have a Diploma in any of the following disciplines;-‐ Animal Health, Animal Health and Production, Environmental Health, Clinical Pathology and Laboratory
- Diagnosis, Poultry Science, Veterinary Public Health and Meat Technology or Animal Husbandry from a recognized institution;
- Be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board;
- Have a certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- Have shown ability and demonstrated merit in work performance and results
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
How to Apply
All Applications should be submitted together with copies of detailed curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope (A4 Size), with the position applied for clearly marked on the top left side, and addressed to:-‐
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD, NAKURU COUNTY
P.O. BOX 2870 – 20100
Hand delivered at the Nakuru County Public Service Board (NCPSB) Offices situated at the Provincial Public Works Building along the Nakuru-‐Kabarak Road.
Important Information to all candidates:-‐
Applicants with degrees from foreign universities should avail a recognition and equation certificate from the Commission for University Education (CUE).
The remuneration package for persons serving in the Public Service of County Governments is as advised by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and is subject to review by the Commission from time to time.
Applications should reach the Secretary, Nakuru County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 21st September 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Nakuru County Government is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disability, youth, women and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: