Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited Recruitment 2018 for Senior Legal Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited Recruitment 2018
The Nairobi Securities Exchange PLC (NSE) is a company licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to facilitate the trading of financial products through the provision of a trading platform for listed securities. In line with this, the NSE is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, dynamic, self- motivated and results- oriented individual to fill the position of Senior Legal Officer.
Will have the responsibility of working together with the Head of Legal in providing legal and company secretarial services to the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of internal legal advice to NSE on its operations, and initiatives and make proposals for changes in the existing Capital Markets Laws, Regulations, Rules and Guidelines, as necessary.
- Draft and engage with various regulators on regulations, rules and guidelines required to facilitate NSE operations and initiatives;
- Negotiate, review and drafting of agreements with service providers and various stakeholders;
- Maintain the Company’s Contracts Register;
- Carry out legal research and provide support in making appropriate recommendations to the Board and Management of NSE;
- Provide updates and legal opinions to the NSE Board, Management and Staff as appropriate on legal developments affecting NSE’s operations;
- Maintain an up to date legal framework (e.g. regulations and rules) of the NSE and ensure upload on the NSE Website;
- Assist in ensuring that the company’s Intellectual property is protected and up to date with the relevant registries;
- Coordinate and support external legal counsel engaged by NSE to provide legal services and ensure timely delivery of services by external counsel;
- Assist in effectively managing any dispute resolution that the company may be involved in;
- Assist to prepare NSE Board and Committee Papers in a timely fashion and assist in various company secretarial tasks;
- Coordinate the development of status reports on the company’s compliance with applicable laws and ensure regulatory compliance, in liaison with the Risk and Compliance Department; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum qualifications and desired skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant area will be an added advantage
- Minimum four (4) years’ post qualification experience.
- Experience in the financial services sector will be an added advantage.
- Experience in company secretarial practice is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in corporate and commercial law.
- Knowledge and exposure to finance sector laws, regulations, rules & guidelines.
- Ability to prepare contracts and various relevant legal documents.
- Experience in legislative drafting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, current salary and benefits as well as your expected salary, qualifications, experience, names & addresses of three referees and email & telephone contacts together with copies of your academic and professional certificates and testimonials to the address below by close of business on Wednesday, 6th June 2018:
The Chief Executive Nairobi Securities Exchange PLC The Exchange, 55 Westlands RoadP.O. Box 43633-00100 NAIROBI
Dropping Zone No. 243 Revlon Professional Plaza, 2nd Floor
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NSE is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality. We will seek to recruit the most qualified person for the job irrespective of race, color, marital status, ethnicity, disability, religion or gender.
Beware of various employment scams who request detailed information and/or money, in connection with supposed registration fees, interviews, and medical examinations. NSE DOES NOT charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: