Msingi East Africa Job Vacancy for Executive Assistant, Application Details
Msingi is an ambitious and innovative young East African industry development organisation supporting the growth of competitive industries. Msingi works to identify high potential industries around the region. It then enables innovation, growth and increased competitiveness in these industries by supporting pioneering firms through technology transfer, capability building and securing finance. This is complemented by wider support to the industries’ competitiveness, such as to technology research & development, human capacity, policy or key industry institutions. Ultimately, Msingi will contribute to the structural transformation of East Africa’s economies, driving job creation and prosperity.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant will provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. He/she will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant will also serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management teams.
The Executive Assistant must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organisational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
1) Executive Support
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing his/her calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, Senior Management Team (SMT), and others. This includes drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks.
- Researches, prioritises, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
2) Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to Msingi’s Board of Directors and Board committees. This includes preparation and distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in all engagements with the Board.
3) Senior Management Liaison
- Supports the Senior Management Team (SMT) meetings including, coordinating of the agenda, assisting in scheduling meetings and taking minutes at all meetings.
- In liaison with the Operations Manager, coordinates SMT external engagements for instance, briefing packs.
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organisation in general.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders.
- Effective management of traditional and new media platforms.
- Strong organisational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively proposes solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five (5) to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a private sector development and non-profit organisations.
- Awareness or interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and media management (traditional and new media platforms).
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, with travel within East Africa.
How to Apply
If you believe you fit the required profile, please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com or before 22 December 2017
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: