Moi University Recruitment 2018 for Fire Officer, Application Details
An officer at this level will be responsible for technical and operational control of all fire fighting, fire prevention and protection services. The main duties will include maintenance of equipment and appliances; equipment; accounting and co-ordination of fire fighting; prevention; protection and detective services.
Qualifications for Fire Serving Officers
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- served in the grade of Senior Fire Officer II for at least three (3) years;
- possess wide technical knowledge and experience on all aspects of fire fighting, fire prevention and protection;
- Shown initiative and ability to plan, direct and control fire fighting and fire Prevention activities.
- in possession of Higher National Diploma in Fire Prevention or Protection and Management, First Aid and Disaster/Environmental Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
Qualifications for the Fire Officer Job
- Be in possession of KCSE Division II or its equivalent with credits in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Physical Sciences
- Disaster Management or its approved equivalent from Fire Services Training Institution recognized by Kenya National Examination Council.
- Be between 30 years and 40 years of age
- Be at least 5ft and 4 inches (1.62m) in height
- Have a minimum chest measurements of 38 inches (0.92m) when expanded
- Be computer literate in the relevant packages
- Have a minimum of eleven (11) years of working experience in Fire and Prevention/Protection in a large organization.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following posts. Two (2) copies of the applications should be submitted in writing together with an updated curriculum vitae giving details of applicant’s age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees plus copies of certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated. Applications should be addressed to:-
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Planning & Development)
P.O Box 3900,
so as to reach him not later than, 17th July, 2018. Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations under sealed envelope within three weeks from the date of this advertisement. For those already in employment, applications should be channelled through their Heads of Departments.
Also the officer at this Grade must meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya by providing relevant certificates from the following bodies:-
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Criminal Investigations Department
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Credit Reference Bureau
Relevant professional body .
In addition to the salary, the terms of service include membership of Moi University Pension Scheme, attractive house allowance, non-contributory Medical Scheme, annual leave days and other benefits
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Moi University is an equal opportunity employer
Interested applicants should visit the university website www.mu.ac.ke for detailed description of the requirements and responsibilities for each of the positions.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More