Modern Ways Job Vacancies 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 Modern Ways Job Vacancies. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
Modern Ways Job Vacancies 2018
- Company: Modern Ways
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
We manufacture and distribute nutritional and other animal health products for both livestock and companion animals.
Our mission is to continuously strive to raise the standard for animal health and wellbeing and to optimise livestock production in Kenya. We develop thriving relationships built on trust and reliability through education, training and provision of quality products.
Our vision is to be Africa’s most effective, trusted and reliable partner for improving animal health and well-being. Behind this vision is the belief that we can make a dramatic impact on the quality of lives of thousands of farmers in the region.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join a fast growing and market leading brand. The candidate will need to lead and inspire a field based team dispersed over a wide geographical area.
As well as meeting the job-specific and professional requirements of the role, the applicant will be evaluated on their attitude and their fit with the company. We are looking for someone who will share our passion for what the company represents.
Objective: The sales team manager is responsible for driving the performance of the sales team to meet Vital Sales targets. You will work closely with senior management to set targets, review performance and ensure your sales team leaders and representatives maintain and increase sales of Vital Products.
Promoting Brand Leadership and Distribution
- Vital is a premium product. The brand represents an approach that strives to improve animal health in a way that benefits livestock and farmers alike. The calibre, behaviour and knowledge of the Sales Team is as much a part of the brand as the product. You will ensure that Sales Team Leaders and Representatives conduct themselves in such a way that reinforces our brand. Central to this is promoting best practice and high standards in farming, as well as promoting the product.
- You will ensure that Team Leaders and Reps are continuously pushing to expand our distribution network by promoting the brand not just to distributors, but to end users.
- You will ensure that your Sales Team are properly trained and clear on the message we are delivering to our market
- You will ensure that Team Leaders are relentlessly and continuously expanding the reach of our distribution by promoting the Vital brand beyond existing distribution channels
- You will ensure that the sales team organise regular farmer’s events and other promotional activities.
- You will use qualitative and quantitative methods to measure sales team performance and behaviour
Planning and Goal Setting
- National sales targets are set by the CEO in collaboration with the Vital Sales General Manager. You will be expected to translate national targets to regional targets and then to individual promoter and customer targets.
- On a monthly basis, review forecasts sales against actual sales and work with the General Manager to set revised targets.
- You will need to develop and put forward monthly tactical plans detailing how your team will achieve these targets, what activities are going to take place and what visits, meetings and activities you will participate in.
- You will look to expand the existing distribution network by either positioning new sales personnel or expanding the remit of existing personnel
- You will ensure that data from the Sales Team is captured and in a useful format to feedback into the planning cycle.
- You will manage the sales team by setting clear goals and making sure they all know what is expected of them. This should be done on a continuous basis punctated by formal reviews every month. You will also ensure the sales team deliver on all management and administrative requirements required by other functions in the business.
- Monitor performance across a number of KPIs. This will include farmer training and stockists events, SKUs sold, performance per promoter, region and area, as well as visits to distributors, stockists and farms.
- On a continuous basis review their performance and provide regular feedback and encouragement. On a monthly basis formally review sales team performance by analysing the variance between actual and forecast results.
- Keep a close eye on day-to-day activities by reviewing sales reports, routes travelled and visit undertaken. You will do this by making good use of company tracking and mobile CRM system but you will underpin this by regular field visits, phone calls and reports.
- You will continuously look to identify new markets and sales opportunities and provide recommendation on new areas to open up and develop.
- You will pay particular attention to those reps who are over-performing and those who are under-performing, rewarding the former and providing the necessary training and guidance to the latter.
- You will ensure that reports from the sales team are useful, targeted and structured to convey the right information.
- Bachelor in Business, Sales & Marketing or related field would be a preferable
- A clean and valid driving licence
- A proven ability to manage a sales team and to achieve sales quotas preferably in FMCG.
- An interest in the livestock sector and an aptitude to acquire new skills and knowledge of the sector
- Good technical skills in report writing and understanding and manipulating spreadsheets
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
Remuneration: Will be assessed according to experience and skill level
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: