Mobius Motors Job Vacancy 2018 for General Assembly Team Leader, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Mobius Motors Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Mobius Motors Job Vacancy 2018
Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking to hire an exceptional General Assembly Team Leader interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Production Team.
The General Assembly Team Leader ensures that Mobius Motors executes a rigorous, efficient manufacturing process to deliver product on time and right first-time. This encompasses the following areas:
- Assembly – Ensure that Vehicles are manufactured to specification, within the designated Takt Time
- Scheduling – Ensure that Production schedules are communicated, understood and met
- Team Management – Responsible for the allocation of work duties to a team of Operatives to meet the demand requirements
Every member of the Production team takes responsibility for supporting the business needs above, which may require expanding responsibilities as needed, additional learning, and tackling new professional challenges beyond what is reflected in this Job Description.
- Work Instructions: Ensure that all Team members are following the work instructions correctly.
- Work Flow: Ensure proper arrangement of machines, tools, staff and materials.
- Tools and Equipment: Ensure all tools and equipment are setup at start of shift and stored at end of shift. Ensure all electrical tools are powered up and spare batteries are always available.
- Troubleshooting: Resolve assembly problems on the floor and notify Production Manager to obtain additional resources if required.
- Continuous Improvement: Propose potential quality or productivity improvements.
- Housekeeping: Maintain clean, safe and orderly work areas.
- Quality: Responsible for in process quality for finished assemblies & sub-assemblies to ensure accuracy against work instructions. Verify specifications by measuring completed components and assemblies.
- Scheduling: Communicate work schedules to the team by studying assembly instructions and parts lists; ensuring components, sub-assemblies, tools, and manpower are available.
- System Usage: Use Microsoft NAV computer system to ensure schedules and components are correct.
- Lineside Inventory Management: Check lineside inventory of raw materials, liaising with the Warehouse to ensure correct stock; anticipate needed supplies; place and ensure expediting orders for supplies; monitor rejections.
- Team Leadership: Lead and develop the team to achieve superior automotive quality products through example, training and job rotation.
- Compliance: Ensure that all team members follow Quality Management System processes and procedures. Ensure that all Safety procedures and Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) are used at all times.
- Vehicle Assembly: Be able to step into any operation to cover absent or ill staff.
Knowledge, skills and any other information required to be successful in this role.
- General Diploma in a Technical field – automotive is a plus
- Mechanic Certificate II or higher
- 5 years’ experience in vehicle assembly and team management
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions and drawings
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in Production systems – preferably in an ERP system such as Microsoft NAV, SAP, Oracle or Syspro
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Patience and a good sense of humour and the ability to work as part of, and to lead a team
- An energetic personality; ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, flexible, self-critical and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work with professionalism and with precision while meeting strict deadlines
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: