Ministry of Agriculture Job Vacancy For Procurement Specialist, Application Details
Terms of Service: One (1) year Contract
Reporting and location: The Consultant will be based at the State Department of Fisheries and the Blue Economy offices in Nairobi and will report to the Acting Director General (Project Coordinator) and work closely with the World Bank Team for guidance and advice.
Procurement Specialist Job Requirements
- Masters degree in any of the following areas; Supply Chain Management, Statistics, Business Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a relevant discipline;
- Bachelors in business related degree, in Supply Chain Management, Statistics, Business Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a relevant discipline;
- Final diploma from chartered institute of purchasing and supply (CIPS), or final diploma in supply chain management from a recognized institution
- Current membership of a professional institution such KISM, or CIPS;
- At least 7 years continuous experience in the public sector and demonstrated experience in GoK and donor funded projects and capacity building;
- Experience and knowledge in procurement procedures and legislations of the Government of Kenya will be required.
- Minimum experience in the last 3 years in procurement and contract management in the public sector for large donor/GoK funded project
- Must have good knowledge of procurement policies and procedures of multilateral financial institutions especially the World Bank as well as good knowledge of the institutional, technical, and commercial aspects of procurement in line with the Public
- Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and other relevant legislation, policies, manuals, and guidelines.
- Proven track record in working effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Computer proficiency in standard computer office applications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge and experience in designing and conducting training.
Duties for the Procurement Specialist Job
- The procurement expert will guide the implementation team in all procurement activities planned under the Project preparation advance (PPA) funded by World Bank in compliance with the World Bank Procurement Regulations for Borrowers and as appropriate with GOK procurement regulations. Specifically:
- Observe, understand and implement all the project documents consistent with the Financing Agreement;
- Assist in the preparation, consolidation and monitoring of Procurement Plans ;
- Provide support in developing invitations for bids (IFB), requests for expressions of interest (ROEI) and Terms of Reference (TOR) for all procurement activities;
- Assist in preparation of bidding documents for Goods, Works and Non-consulting services and Request for Proposals in conformance with the World Bank Regulations as well as the GoK procurement regulations, where applicable;
- Assist in the preparation of evaluation criteria, templates, contract conditions including issues of performance guarantee, advance payment guarantee, insurance, liquidated damages, contract execution schedule, payments, delays, compensation events, contract extension, quality control, disputes, claims parties’ obligations, guidelines and procedures;
- Ensure quality of Procurement Documents, evaluation reports, contract documents before they are submitted to the World Banks for review and Clearance;
- Assist in drafting, signing and monitoring of contracts;
- Assist in the preparation and submission of procurement status reports and procurement performance reviews and reporting;
- Support the agencies to handle technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement at all stages of the project cycle;
- Provide operational advice to the agencies on concepts, policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services and selection of consultants; and
- Support the team to complete a Project Procurement Strategy for Development (PPSD), as part of the Project preparation process and must be completed prior to loan negotiations with the Bank. A PPSD is a structured, analytical approach that is designed to support procurement planning with the aim of developing the right procurement approach that enables Borrowers to achieve value for money with integrity in delivering sustainable development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
Each application should have a detailed CV and a covering letter indicating the reference number for the position. Copies of relevant
document must be attached.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries avails equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. Women, Persons living with disabilities, the marginalized and Minorities who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
KENYA FISHERIES SERVICE
P.O. BOX 48511 –00100
Or hand delivered to Maji House 3rd Floor Room 330 on or before 27th December, 2017.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: