Microsoft Job Vacancy 2018 for Principle Engineering Lead, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Microsoft Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Microsoft Job Vacancy 2018
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our mission is grounded in both the world in which we live and the future we strive to create. Today, we live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses is designed to enable Microsoft and our customers to thrive in this world.
We are looking for passionate software engineering leads to manage our newly formed Application Compatibility Team in Nairobi, Kenya.
Applications on Windows platform are one of our greatest assets. Our app ecosystem is incredibly diverse, apps come in many types, sizes as well as versions. There are many languages, architectures, services and configurations on devices.
While our ecosystem is diverse, our vision is simple…All applications on Windows devices should just work! Our users upgrade with confidence, never worrying about problems with their apps and peripherals. This is a complex, very challenging area that requires innovative approaches.
We are looking for result oriented technical leaders who can deliver innovation in our space by exploring and analyzing ways that apps interact with underlying system and can solve compatibility problems at scale. We need engineering leaders who are passionate about building technical solutions to hard problems and ensuring that our customers have seamless app and peripheral experiences on their devices release after release.
If you are looking for an opportunity to deliver cutting edge solutions in our newly formed team in Africa (Nairobi, Kenya), we want to talk to you.
- Build and lead a diverse and talented team of software engineers.
- Partake in design, implementation and execution of data driven compatibility solutions to ensure compatibility of apps and peripherals at scale.
- Work with Windows development teams in Redmond (US) and Dublin (Ireland) to plan and prioritize the development and test strategy for shipping high quality Windows OS releases.
- Contribute to our technical architecture. The app and device landscapes are continuously updating and growing and so is the team’s influence.
- Drive for results, increasing our team’s impact as our processes and content identify issues more effectively.
- Work with data to measure impact, effectiveness and make business decisions.
- Work with latest Windows devices and technologies.
- Invest in others’ growth and mentor team members and build highly capable teams.
This is a technical leadership role and we are looking following qualifications in candidates:
- S. degree in CS or equivalent and 10+ years of industry experience designing, building, testing & shipping computer software.
- 5+ years of people management and leadership experience.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, including working across geographical distance.
- Fantastic problem-solving skills and ability to deal with ambiguity comfortably.
- Passion for customers and product quality.
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate willingness to learn and to grow within the role.
- Be proud of what you work on, obsess about the quality of the work you deliver.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Microsoft career website on careers.microsoft.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: