mHealth Kenya Limited Recruitment 2018 for System Administrator, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for mHealth Kenya Limited Recruitment 2018 for System Administrator. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
mHealth Kenya Limited Recruitment 2018
mHealth Kenya is a company that brings together a team of experts with a diversity of knowledge and experience, and a deep understanding of ICT for Health.
mHealth Kenya’s purpose is to bridge communication gaps among remotehealthcare facilities, community workers, and central government headquarters to improve care and treatment
mHealth Kenya is seeking to hire talented and results oriented System Administrator with DevOps skills to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a key attribute for this position. The systems administrator should be able to diagnose and resolve problems in a timely manner. The systems administrator should have the necessary skills to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users including healthcare workers, software developers, donors and government officials among others.
The purpose of this role will be to ensure that mHealth Kenya technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Provide client user support for escalated helpdesk issues
- Develop technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent offsite as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Carry out performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Undertake user training.
- Prepare reports as and when required
- Any other duties assigned to you
The ideal candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in systems administration
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field (experience in software development will be an added advantage).
- Systems administration/Systems Engineer certification in Linux/Microsoft
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
How to Apply
All application letters, detailed CV, copies of certificates and telephone contacts together with names of three referees should be emailed to Email: [email protected] not later than 9th August 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: