Metropol Corporation Ltd Job Vacancy 2019 for Head of Research and Development, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Metropol Corporation Ltd Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Metropol Corporation Ltd Job Vacancy 2019
Metropol was established in Kenya in 1996 as a business Information and credit management company. In 2006 Metropol partnered with GCR to provide credit rating services that enable corporates to raise capital and meet their financing needs. Metropol is also licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya to provide Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) Services to ALL banks in Kenya. Our CRB services leverage full-file credit information sharing and alternative data sources from MFIs, SACCOs, HELB, Utilities, Mobile phone companies and providers of goods and services on credit to help customers improve their access to finance and increase the credit providers’ capacity to lend profitably to more customers.
REPORTS TO: DIRECT REPORTS
WHAT WORK WILL BE DONE IN YOUR ROLE
Innovation Work: To be agreed
Improvement Work: To be agreed
Research and Development;
- Market Research
- Analyze published data and statistics
- Develop and drive Metropol’s research activities and develop an evaluation framework to assess impact that aligns with Metropol’s mission.
- Evaluate past performance of organizations products and services.
- Assess future trends.
- Commission surveys
- Coordinate research projects.
- Marketing research
- Analyze current market trends
- Disseminate programme evaluation and research findings internally to support teams to translate research findings into cutting edge practice.
- Develop an overall evaluation framework to assess the impact of Metropol activities and projects.
- To maintain a close awareness of changes and trends in public policy and research as they may contribute to the development of Metropol’s goals.
- Work across organization to identify, apply and embed meaningful and appropriate evaluation frameworks and tools within departments and projects.
- Keep up to date with key policy areas and research which impact on Metropol’s activities and partners.
- Advise senior management Team to ensure that policy and research informs our work strategy.
- To represent Metropol at a wider range levels, including key conferences and events and promote its research programs and activities.
- Marketing Development
- Responsible for Developing the Research & Development strategy to enable Metropol meet its company strategic objectives.
- Identify and recommend new research projects which addresses gaps in the current product/service portfolio.
- Identify and develop new market segments for current products.
- Expand potential market by establishing new customers.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Product Roadmaps in line with company strategy
- Product Research
- Oversee the commissioning and management portfolio of research projects and evaluation of Metropol products.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure organizations products, strategies, tools and methods remain updated.
- Conduct surveys to provide the Organization with an insight into what it is that customers are looking for.
- Responsible for working with other cost centre leads to ensure lean and timely delivery of project work and business improvements.
- Competitive Analysis
- Identify and evaluate competitors’ strategies to determine their strengths and weaknesses relative to those of Metropol’s products.
- Research as a product or solution to our clients
- Analyze customer data by developing a customer satisfaction survey.
- Research emerging markets that may have a need for your products or services while expanding distribution channels.
- Effectively lead, motivate and develop the research team; carry out regular support and supervision sessions and annual appraisals.
- Responsible for the induction and performance management of the research team.
- Build high performing, motivated team, establishing a culture of collaboration and continuous development.
- To manage the research team to ensure that data, monitoring and evaluation inform the design, development and delivery of Metropol’s programs and activities.
- To support colleagues in developing approaches to assess the impact of their programs and activities.
- Responsible for the approval of all Project Management and Technical Plans within the Research & Development department.
- Reporting to management to ensure communication of the state of play of all aspects of the Research & Development department.
- Effectively managing all stakeholders in the company to ensure successful deliveries.
Academic, Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics or mathematics or any other related field. MBA is an added advantage.
- Member of Marketing and Social Research Association (MSRA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in research methods.
- Three or more years of related work experience.
- Experience in analyzing data to inform developments and practice.
- Experience of managing research/evaluation projects from inception to completion.
- Leading a small research or evaluation teams.
- Experience of advising senior colleagues on evaluation and research.
Competences and Skills:
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data from various sources and produce graphics and tabular data presentations.
- Verbal and Written Communication skills.
- Critical Thinking: needs to use decisive reasoning to determine the best course of action in their research.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet demands of a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Dedicated team player with flexibility to work with and without supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of evaluation tools and approaches.
- Knowledge of trends in the financial sector.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates can send their CVs to [email protected]
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More