Mercy Corps Recruitment 2018 for Finance Officer NGO, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Mercy Corps Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Mercy Corps Recruitment 2018
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In the disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. We help communities survive and move beyond emergencies.
When natural disasters strike, economies collapse or conflict flares, Mercy Corps is there. We see global challenges as an invitation to pioneer innovative, sustainable solutions.
Mercy Corps is looking for the committed and dynamic individual to take up the following position:
Program / Department Summary: Mercy Corps has been operating in Kenya since 2008, focusing its interventions on four objectives:
1) Peace and Conflict Management;
2) Livelihood/Market Systems;
3) Governance (particularly at the county level); and
4) Youth Employment/Employability (including the social and economic development of adolescents).
The four objectives serve to increase community resilience to drought and other shocks and stresses, and to decrease fragility with a particular focus on Kenya’s Arid Lands. Mercy Corps’ vision for change requires the private sector, government and civil society to work together to create meaningful and sustainable change.
The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Kenya, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance.
The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
General Position Summary: Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Senior Finance and Compliance Officer, the Finance and Administration Officer will assist in the accounting and documentation of all financial transactions in timely and accurate manner.
Finance and Administration Officer Job Responsibilities
- Support in preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions
- Prepare cash payment vouchers and ensure that all cash transactions are fully and properly documented
- Review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment
- Perform weekly cash count as per FFM
- Record payment vouchers daily in the Field Connection Accounting System
- Maintain field advance tracker file and prepare past due advance tracker for the Senior Finance Officer
- Preparing cheques based on fully approved & reviewed documents and present for signing
- File all cash and bank batch vouchers and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded
- Maintain the bank file, ensuring that all bank information is properly filed and updated
- Assist with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Make sure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to MC procedures.
- Assists in sub grants management & compliance at field office
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports Directly To: Senior Finance and Compliance Officer
Directly With: Nairobi Finance Team, Program Team & Operations Team
Knowledge and Experience:
- Three or more years of accounting or bookkeeping experience, including experience with double-entry accounting
- A degree in accounting or a relevant business field
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with computerized, double-entry accounting software
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English skills
Success Factors: A clear understanding of finance and procurement ethics, as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures, is essential.
The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required. A demonstrated ability to work quickly, accurately, meet deadlines, and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three professional references (including a recent supervisor) to ke-[email protected] on or before 9th May, 2018.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title and location they are applying for.
Applications without an appropriate subject heading will be automatically disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: We do not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: