Mercy Corps Job Vacancy for Office Assistant, Application Details
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. We help communities survive and move beyond emergencies.
When natural disasters strike, economies collapse or conflict flares, Mercy Corps is there. We see global challenges as an invitation to pioneer innovative, sustainable solutions.
Mercy Corps is looking for committed and dynamic individual to take up the following position:
Program / Department Summary: The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions.
The overriding objective for all administration and logistics operations is the prompt and effective provision of support services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
The Office Assistant will be responsible for office cleaning, preparing tea/coffee and general office assistance functions for the Mercy Corps Wajir office.
Overall responsible for all general office assistance aspects of Mercy Corps’ office support functions in Wajir in compliance with MC Administration and in-country policies.
Duties for the Office Assistant Job
- Wash dishes in the kitchen;
- Clean washrooms, office premise and the kitchen daily;
- Empty garbage cans and dust bins daily;
- Sweep and dust the office daily;
- Clean the refrigerator, microwave and other machines in use in the office premises;
- Track the office cleaning supplies;
- Report items and assets in need of repair maintenance.
- Prepare tea for the office staff;
- Prepare refreshments for meetings;
- Maintain stock of kitchen items and consumables;
- Track kitchen consumable items.
General Office Assistance:
- Perform receptionist duties when required;
- Deliver documents among departments on request;
- Make photocopies on request;
- Refill papers in printers and photocopiers;
- Attend to minor maintenance work;
- Issue and track office stationery.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Organizational Learning: As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Reports Directly To: Administration and Logistics Officer
- Works Directly With: All team members at the field office
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
Office Assistant Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in general office assistance;
- Basic computer skills are required;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Fluency in English and Swahili languages (both written and spoken).
- High standard of cleanliness and attention to detail;
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks;
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three professional references (including a recent supervisor) to email@example.com on or before 12th December, 2017.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title and location they are applying for. Applications without an appropriate subject heading will be automatically disqualified. Please do not attach any certificates.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: