Mercy Corps Job Vacancy 2018 for IT Systems Administrator, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Mercy Corps Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Mercy Corps Job Vacancy 2018
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps is looking for committed and dynamic individual to take up the following position:
Program / Department Summary: The Information Technology (IT) team coordinates, facilitates, and supports the agency’s use of information and communications technology to achieve agency goals.
We provide planning and technical assistance to Mercy Corps country programs and collaborate with HQ departments to implement and support the agency’s strategic initiatives. We work to strengthen the agency’s abilities to use Internet-based information services.
General Position Summary: The Regional IT Systems Administrator maintains the current IT systems in the Mercy Corps Africa field offices and ensures the proper functioning of equipment, networks, data backups, network security, IT Policy and Disaster recovery plan to meet office needs and demands in coordination and synchronizing system with the Global IT System Delivery Manager, Head of Office and Operations Director/Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Read and understand the Mercy Corps IT Systems Policy on appropriate use. Orient staff on appropriate use and monitor use activities to ensure adherence to these policies.
- Assist setting up effective field connectivity infrastructure such deploying Cisco Meraki Appliances and other Mercy Cops standard Infrastructures such as local data servers.
- Regularly coordinate with the Local IT Administrators to ensure anti-virus programs are updated and the entire network and computers are virus-free.
- Assist Local IT Administrator establishing a clear, back-up policy for the Mercy field Corps offices and undertake the necessary steps for this activity including designing a schedule and materials list. Ensure back up and archives are validated, and stored as scheduled.
- Undertake the repairing and maintaining of various LAN, internet systems and general IT maintenance and training– as per needs outlined by the Head of Office and Operations Manager.
- Assist Local IT Administrators repairing of computers and IT equipment at country level, when possible – facilitate and advise on best, safest and most economic solutions in consultation Country Operations Manager.
- Maintain Mercy Corps Standards Wide Area Network and Local Area Network for all Mercy Corps field offices. Do not change core designs and configurations without written approval from the Global IT System Delivery Manager and Head of Office/Operations Manager.
- Identify equipment and accessories required for the smooth functioning of computers and IT equipment in Mercy Corps field offices. Facilitate the purchase of items through the Procurement Department.
- Maintain Mercy Corps Email platform applications and assign addresses as instructed by Global IT System Delivery and Mercy Corps Helpdesk.
- Assist in administration functions as needed; assist logistics staff in inventorying and tracking IT assets.
- Provide guidance to Local IT Administrator maintaining proper documentation of all IT equipment including; system profiles, warranties and IT stock/accessories; Organize and maintain central filing system of satellite systems in MC office.
- Assist in the identifying specification, relocation and assembly of any equipment including computers, printers, accessories and satellite systems in all offices, as required.
- Hire and orient Local Field IT Admins and coordinate with country offices in setting up work plans, monitoring progress and evaluating annual performance.
- Strengthening the skills of Local IT Administrators by providing regular ICT training on computer networks, server setup, data backups, antivirus deployment, ICT policies, ICT standards and disaster recovery plans.
- Possess in depth knowledge of satellite links and able to recommend and support VSAT platforms in remote field locations.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Supervisory Responsibility: No direct supervisory responsibility; provide indirect supervision of local field IT admins through participation in hiring and performance evaluations, training and frequent communication.
Reports Directly To: Global IT Service Delivery Manager
Works Directly With: Field IT Administrators, Field Operations Managers and Head of Offices.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of three years’ experience in information technology system (IT).
- A relevant university degree in computer sciences is desirable.
- Good knowledge of bandwidth management, traffic shaping, Quality of Services, Firewall, and MutiWAN configurations.
- Good knowledge of setting up and configuring Cisco Meraki Appliances such as MX, MR. MS, etc.
- Experience in both hardware and software requirements in local area networking (LAN); experience in the configuration of internal email system as per the local area networking (LAN).
- Exclusive knowledge of internet, proxy, pop mail, and TCP/IP settings, Linux and windows applications.
- Experience for upright maintenance of all internet account, Logins and account status.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, plan and design low maintenance systems is a must.
- Ability to provide IT trainings and other related capacity building course to local IT Administrators.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and maintain both wireless and cable connections is required.
- Must understand, follow and implement existing policies on IT equipment use and best practices.
The successful candidate will have a sense of understanding of Field IT Operations in Africa and be able to make rational decisions even under pressure.
She/he will be able to coordinate with Mercy Corps field Operations, Programs and Senior Management effectively moreover the position requires a team player, commitment, and someone who is a step ahead in terms IT service delivery, IT Security and IT Deployment plans.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Mercy Corps career website on jobs.jobvite.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: