Mercy Corps Job Vacancies for Drivers (5 Posts), Application Details
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. We help communities survive and move beyond emergencies.
When natural disasters strike, economies collapse or conflict flares, Mercy Corps is there. We see global challenges as an invitation to pioneer innovative, sustainable solutions.
Mercy Corps is looking for committed and dynamic individual to take up the following position:
Position: Drivers (5)
Location: Wajir, Garissa, Isiolo, Marsabit and Turkana Counties
Program / Department Summary: The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions.
The overriding objective for all administration and logistics operations is the prompt and effective provision of support services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
General Position Summary: The driver work within the Operations department of the logistics support structure to provide safe, transport services for Mercy Corps program and support staff in the respective filed location. The driver will adhere to all traffic and Mercy Corps safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the Mercy Corps transport department.
Roles for the Drivers Job
- Operate Mercy Corps vehicles as assigned by supervisor;
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with Mercy Corps policies/regulations;
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to transport management;
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times;
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office daily workloads;
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned;
- Adherence to all Mercy Corps policies and procedures as outlined in Mercy Corps policies and procedure manuals;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
Organizational Learning: As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Reports Directly To: Logistics Officer in Area of Responsibility
- Works Directly With: Program and Operations staff team across the field offices as required
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
Drivers Job Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and at least 3 years driving experience operating 4×4 vehicles;
- Experience working in a pastoral/arid lands field locations;
- Good understanding of English and fluency in all local languages is required;
- Experience preparing and maintaining vehicle log sheets;
- Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
- Respect and adherence to all safety and traffic rules;
- Excellent sense of judgment;
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three professional references (including a recent supervisor) to email@example.com on or before 12th December, 2017.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title and location they are applying for. Applications without an appropriate subject heading will be automatically disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: We do not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: