Mercy Corps Job Recruitment 2017 for Administration & Logistics, Application Details
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. We help communities survive and move beyond emergencies.
When natural disasters strike, economies collapse or conflict flares, Mercy Corps is there. We see global challenges as an invitation to pioneer innovative, sustainable solutions.
Mercy Corps is looking for committed and dynamic individual to take up the following position:
Program / Department Summary: The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions.
The overriding objective for all administration and logistics operations is the prompt and effective provision of support services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
General Position Summary: The Administration and Logistics officer is responsible for facilitating the administration and logistics functions at Mercy Corps field office.
Working closely with Program, Operations and Finance departments, the Administration and Logistics Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her coordination and execution of Procurement, Logistics and Administration functions at the field level.
Table of Contents
Roles for the Administration & Logistics Job
- Daily coordination of MC procurement activities;
- Ensure full understanding and adherence to MC procurement policies and formats and assist as needed in training staff on these policies;
- Guide staff as required on creating clear and understandable Purchase Requests and other procurement related documentation;
- Collect quotations and bids from the market for PRs as assigned by manager – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Interact with Vendors during collection of quotations – explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms;
- Ensure fair competition and strictly adhere to MC procurement rules regarding vendor relations;
- Maintain up to date Mercy Corps Procurement data management system;
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Program & Operations Managers;
- Ensures that the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to MC standards;
- Ensure proper asset management; maintain proper and updated asset register with clear asset identification tags.
- General management of agency vehicles in co-operation with the Operations Manager;
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy;
- Collect and distribute of vehicle log-sheets to drivers; responsible for monthly compilation and submission of log-sheets;
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs;
- Maintain vehicle movement board daily;
- Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with the designated fuel station;
- Collect Vehicle Service Requests from drivers. Submit VSR-s to the Operations Manager for approval;
- In coordination with the Operations Manager, organize regular service schedules for vehicles and maintain service schedule files;
- Ensure vehicle repairs are done in a timely manner;
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies, etc.;
- Ensure that security incident reports are completed and filed (if related to vehicles).
- Ensure proper management and coordination of staff travel arrangements including transport and security;
- Ensure good general office management and cleanliness of the office premises in coordination with the Office Assistant;
- Coordinate with the Operations department in Nairobi to ensure adherence to Administrative and IT procedures by all field based staff;
- Ensure that the office is run in a professional and responsible manner including hosting guests, receptionist duties, general contact and liaison with outside agencies as well as cleanliness of the office premises in coordination with the Office Assistant;
- Coordinate with the Administration Officer in Nairobi to provide administrative guidance to MC staff when required;
- Manage and renew office lease agreement;
- In coordination with the Program Leads and the Administration Coordinator in Nairobi track airtime allocation for field based staff;
- Coordinate the purchase of office supplies;
- Coordinate any other necessary administrative and office management details including the maintenance of the premises.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Organizational Learning: As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Supervisory Responsibility: The Office Assistant and Drivers
- Reports Directly To: The Wajir Head of Office with a dotted technical line to the Operations Manager
- Works Directly With: Program, Operations and Finance teams
Administration & Logistics Job Requirements
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired;
- At least 3 years of experience in large scale logistics, supply chain management and/ or international business;
- Must demonstrate understanding of logistics, procurement and administration ethics and good management skills with diverse team with large flow of information and activities;
- Experience in an NGO setting is preferred;
- A strong understanding of donor compliance is required;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to make recommendations for improvements;
- Strong MS Office computer skills;
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English;
- Willingness to travel to field locations when required.
- Meticulous with an excellent sense of judgment and ability to multitask;
- Ability to work independently and prioritize, show initiative;
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with a diverse teams in a multi-cultural set up;
- Thorough understanding on logistical challenges, market mechanism and supply chain dynamcis;
- Positive team spirit.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three professional references (including a recent supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12th December, 2017.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title and location they are applying for. Applications without an appropriate subject heading will be automatically disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: