Médecins Sans Frontières Job Vacancy 2018 for General Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Médecins Sans Frontières Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Médecins Sans Frontières Job Vacancy 2018
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, sex, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Supply Unit is the intersectional regional supply unit in Eastern Africa. KSU is currently supplying 4 out of the 5 MSF Operational Centres (exception Operational Centre Amsterdam). At KSU we procure, store, and distribute medical and logistic items to the various MSF missions in the East African region. Our services include also clearing and forwarding (import, export, goods in transit) and handling of international freights coming from MSF Supply (in Belgium) and MSF Logistique (in France).
The OCB Supply Chain director is the direct line manager for all managerial and supply related activity and development, as OCB is the budget holder. The OCB Supply chain director is the chairman of the stewardship committee for KSU. This is a multidisciplinary advisory body, composed of members with different technical backgrounds, that guides KSU in its strategy definition and the follow up of the execution.
The MSF OCB Kenya country director is the referral point and final responsible for all administrative and HR decisions. For security related matters the country director has the ultimate and final say.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment that encourages individual well-being.
- Providing strategic & tactical leadership of the long term supply chain function (materials planning, scheduling, purchasing, inventory control and management), coordinating and developing personnel.
- Develop and implement strong processes and drive change where needed to ensure continuous improvement at KSU at the right cost.
- Develop and manage the direction of KSU services with the focus on customer service, people, organization, processes and information technology.
- To effectively manage all major projects for KSU.
- Ensure continued collaboration and support from the different Operational Centers, promote KSU.
- Represent KSU in its legal and contextual environment
The General Manager will be responsible for a wide range of specific activities including:
- Develop and roll out the strategy for KSU in collaboration with all stakeholders and assure this strategy is aligned with the Organization wide Supply chain Strategy (OSS) and with the objectives of the missions which are supplied through KSU.
- Maintain a good overall strategic view of the projects, in collaboration with the different KSU -managers and evaluate on a quarterly basis.
- Report on the achievements in the strategy plan to the multidisciplinary Stewardship Committee.
- With Financial coordinator prepares KSU’s budget on a yearly basis, in line with the strategy and action plan and monitor the monthly budget follow up
- Disseminate information from the field, European Supply centers and Operational Centers to the KSU team.
- Follow all security issues in liaison with MSF OCB Kenya country director and maintain a high level of awareness of the general security situation within Nairobi. Inform staff of any security updates as issued by the MSF OCB Kenya country director.
- Intervenes in the prevention and/or resolving of conflicts within the team. Informs, in case required, OCB Supply chain department and OCB Kenya HR department/ country director for legal advice).
- Responsible for the timely drawing-up of job-profiles, together with the team, for new positions or replacements in KSU.
- Assure conformity and compatibility of the IT/IS systems within the supply chain of MSF
- Responsible for managing the supply chain manager to ensure supply chain management activities in KSU follow MSF policies and Standard.
- Responsible for managing the procurement manager to ensure all procurement related activities in KSU follow MSF policies and Standard.
- Responsible for managing the pharmacist to ensure GDP and QA activities in KSU follow MSF policies and Standard.
- Responsible for managing the HR and Admin officer to ensure all HR/admin activities in KSU follow MSF policies and Standard.
- Responsible for managing the Financial Coordinator to ensure all Finance activities in KSU follow MSF policies and Standard.
- Establish and maintain contact with all MSF sections and other agencies (ICRC, etc) for a potential collaboration and exchange of information and resources on supply.
- Represents KSU and organizes the KSU Stewardship Committee meetings.
- Develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with government authorities, supplier and humanitarian partners as needed.
- Network, develop and maintain strong relationships with all key partners in MSF.
- Present KSU to visitors, including donors and press when need be.
- Regular visits and meetings with client missions.
Meetings and Reporting
- Ensure monthly analyses of KSU’s KPI’s.
- Bi-weekly conference call with direct line manager.
- Monthly meeting with Head of Mission
- Bi-monthly coordination meeting with direct reports.
- Quarterly reporting to the Stewardship Committee.
- Master degree in economics, supply chain management or equivalent
- Strong (10+ years) experience in supply Chain management
- MSF experience
- Strong management, coaching and mentoring skills, intercultural
- Helicopter view, ability to develop and implement strategies
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Diplomatic skills, open minded
- Common sense and patience
- Good English, written and spoken
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
- Length of the contract: 1 year (extendable), based in Nairobi. This is a non-family position.
- Salary according to MSF-OCB Field salary scale. Transport, accommodation, vaccinations are taken in charge by MSF. Per diem + medical insurance
- Expected starting date: 10/12/2018
How to Apply
Applications (CV + cover letter) to be sent before 2 November 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with General Manager KSU in the subject.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: