Marie Stopes International Job Vacancy For Assistant Accountant, Application Details
The purpose of this role is to support the process that ensures that MSK database is updated on a real time basis and accurate information is available for decision making.
Further, the position will monitor daily banking of clinics income thru cash and Mpesa and alert management of emerging issues, maintain filing and archive system to ensure that hard copy records are available on demand and that petty cash float is adequately maintained for support office and assigned clinics.
The Assistant Accountant works in a team with the Senior Finance Officer, 3 Accountants, Grants Manager, and 2 Accounts Assistants and reports to the Senior Finance Officer. S/he is part of the Finance department
Table of Contents
Assistant Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Clinic income monitoring
- Daily email check to ascertain clinic collections are banked daily
- Compare banking against daily CLIC reports
- Follow up with centres where there are delays or discrepancies
- Inform Supervisor on such delays for further follow up
- Prepare CLIC Vs SUN reconciliation at end of each month comparing income posted in SUN against that in CLIC and explain variance if any
- Post monthly service statistic for Centres in SUN in time for MRP
- Record clinic waivers after approval DoP’s approval every month as appropriate
- Prepare NHIF capitation reconciliation on a quarterly basis
- Monthly tracking of clinic corporate debtors to ensure proper recording and collection
Petty cash handling for support office and clinics petty cash support
- Maintain support office petty cash in safe custody
- Disburse petty cash against approved petty cash vouchers
- Reconciled float against paid vouchers
- Prepare reimbursement request when float reaches reimbursement level
- Receive & record petty cash reimbursement claims from assigned clinics
- Review returns and process reimbursement claim
Post clinics petty cash expenses
- Outreach and clinic Channel – finance focal person
- Process approved advance requests as per policy
- Book approved surrenders and update outreach staff accounts in SUN
- Follow up on outstanding issues for resolution
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements for the, Mpesa clinics collection(C2B) account and all the MSK collection accounts
- Follow up and resolve outstanding amounts on the bank reconciliation statement before the following month end.
Any other duties assigned
- Participate in quarterly stock take exercise
- Overall responsibility for archiving of documents
- Participate in cross purpose activities within MSK
- Participate in asset verification exercise
- Document recording and tracking in finance
- Prepare phased budgets, BVAs and reports for assigned projects
Qualifications for the Assistant Accountant Job
- Bachelor Degree in finance or related fields from a recognised institution of higher learning or CPA II
- The Candidate should have experience working with any EDP system (working knowledge of inflow and SUN will be an added advantage).
- Minimum one year’s work experience in accounting either in private sector or NGO
- Possess excellent data entry and processing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with a detailed CV, contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) should be submitted to: [email protected] on or before December 29, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If we do not contact you by January 31, 2018, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: