Marie Stopes International Job Vacancy 2019 for Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Marie Stopes International Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Marie Stopes International Job Vacancy 2019
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social enterprise which delivers efficient, high-quality and sustainable reproductive health services in 37 countries worldwide. Marie Stopes Kenya (MSK) supports Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (RME) to improve its performance. The RME function produces, interprets and utilises high-quality evidence in order to improve the scale and impact, quality and sustainability of MSK’s programming. The function of the RME Officer is to conduct high-quality research and programme monitoring activities to support MSK’s core business and projects. The RME officer will report to the Deputy Director RME in the country office to deliver timely and high-quality data inputs and well-presented and synthesised research findings. S/he will collaborate closely with in-country channel leads to provide timely and high-quality data analysis and reports; as well as with the global RME and Management Information Systems (MIS) teams to work on the implementation of global systems and studies. S/he will also be the point of contact with the Programmes Team and field staff to ensure data quality, harmonization and dissemination of reports.
The RME officer- Projects will report to the Deputy Director RME in the country office to plan, implement and analyse research studies and routine programme monitoring. The role will entail close collaboration with in-country channel leads (Centres, Outreach, Social Marketing and/or Social Franchise) to support their routine data collection and programme monitoring activities. The role will also be available to field staff (centre/outreach/social franchise managers) to ensure data quality, harmonization, and dissemination of information and reports. The role will also involve collaboration with the global RME and Management Information Systems (MIS) teams to work on the implementation of global data systems and studies.
- 1. Support the development and implementation of the country programme’s Management Information System
- Work closely with the MIS Lead and ensure a functional M&E-MIS at organization level that gathers data based on objectives and indicators in the programme M&E framework
- Review existing indicators, streamline and harmonize indicator set and reporting tools that meet the requirements of research and data analysis for the programme
- Support the development and maintenance of country programme data collection tools as relevant
- Ensure the timely submission of country programme data with a high level of quality by each channel and area of intervention
- Conduct data quality assurance at various levels of service delivery
- Monthly verification of country programme data performance data
- Quarterly supervision visits to service delivery point to mentor staff and crosscheck the use of routine data collection tools (client registers and other reports submitted to Support Office)
- Analyze and Interpret MIS data regularly and share findings
- 2: Support Implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities of donor projects
- Manage and implement project performance-based monitoring system to ensure that project targets are met
- Proactively monitor and analyze project performance vs. indicators in conjunction with the relevant project managers and provide monthly feedback
- Ensure that the M&E databases and tools indicators are updated routinely and systematically and aligned to deliver donor deliverables
- Work with RME and programmes’ team to update monthly, quarterly and annual monitoring and evaluation plans and reports for projects
- Work with RME team to assist the project managers in preparing quarterly/ annually reports on required key indicators.
- Suggest strategies to the project management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- In collaboration with project team identify and document achievements and accomplishments of project indicators against set performance targets
- Take initiative to measure or analyse the effectiveness of different activities and strategies taking place both at facility and community level
- 3: Role in research design and implementation
- Support Implementation of MSI routine monitoring tools, such as the Exit Interview and Mystery Client Surveys, according to the standardised protocol
- Support research development and implementation for example preparing, setting up, conducting and recording the outcome of field work, developing questionnaires, conducting surveys and analysing research data using scientific methods
- Contribute to production of research reports and publications
- Present information of research progress and outcomes to members of research and project teams.
- Present findings and evidence externally, for example at conferences or other external events
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of special studies ( e.g baseline, impact evaluation, mid-term review).
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, statistics, Demography, information science, health systems or any other related discipline
- Master’s degree in public health, statistics, demography, epidemiology or related discipline with training in quantitative research methods.
- Research methods training.
- Additional qualification in research, monitoring & evaluation and data analysis and presentation using SPSS, advanced Excel and power point is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a sexual and reproductive health program will be an added advantage.
- At least three years of experience in an M&E or research role, either in the commercial or non-governmental sector
- Experience of quantitative data analysis and report writing
- Experience in health research, especially reproductive health
- Experience with different types of research, including programme monitoring, evaluations of interventions, and/or qualitative/market research studies.
- Data management and analysis with Microsoft Excel
- Advanced IT skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
- Good communication skills in English for report writing and presentation
- Project management skills
- Survey data management skills (e.g. Epi Data, Epi Info)
- Database skills
- Aptitude with statistical analysis software (e.g. SPSS, SAS, STATA, R)
- Qualitative/market research (interviewing skills, qualitative analysis skills)
- Literature review and synthesis
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to translate complex research findings into lay terms and language
- Creativity and curiosity to investigate the stories behind datasets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to work in rural or remote locations for short periods
- Results orientated
- Motivated to develop professionally
- Fully committed to Marie Stopes International’s goal and mission
- Committed to excellence
- Mission-driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance
- Client centered: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality
- Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact
- Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and any other 1 but not a relative) should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Closing date for applications is February 22, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Projects”
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: