Management Sciences for Health Job Vacancy For Quality Improvement Advisor, Application Details
The QI Advisor will provide Technical Assistance to MOH and health facilities to institutionalize QI standards for improved maternal, newborn, adolescent and child health (MNCAH) service delivery. The QI Advisor will also support the development/adaptation and application of QA/QI data management systems to track implementation of health facility quality improvement plans and other MNCAH service quality improvement activities.
Under the guidance of the Health Systems Strengthening Lead; and in close collaboration with prime partner FHI360, the QA/QI advisor will deliver integrated Technical Assistance to the MOH and health facilities, to:
- Provide technical assistance to target counties and sub-counties in developing health facility quality Teams( WITs ) & Quality improvement plans to ensure quality MNCAH service delivery;
- Develop cross-cutting quality improvement training programs and materials in coordination with stakeholders to help ensure quality standards;
- Contribute to the development of a common platform for QA/QI efforts across health interventions, specifically, Maternal and Neonatal and Child health programs.
- Strengthen MOH capacity to include implementation science (operational research) & Learning of QI activities/interventions
- Oversee training of staff on utilization of QA/QI measures;
- Develop QI tools and instruction guides to improve monitoring, standard of care, and quality of MNCAH care practice;
- Participate in technical working group (quality management) and other information sharing/technical;
- Develop a system for monitoring and evaluation of health facility QI plan implementation and ensure it is linked to appropriate national data management systems such as DHIS2
- Advanced degree in medicine, pharmacy, public health, social science or other relevant area; clinical background is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing technical assistance to government agencies in developing and strengthening QA/QI in Kenya including assessment of MNCAH care practices at health facilities,at Community level, development of quality improvement plans, and QI capacity building programs.
- Experience developing or implementing quality improvement data management systems
- Knowledge & Experience with the National and County health systems and structures for the provision of MNCAH services.
- Knowledge of the Kenya’s KQMOH & MNCAH standards and the health facility framework.
- Experience in monitoring & Maintaining Standards and quality of services at facility and community levels
- Experience in Research and Learning will be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, teamwork and partnering abilities.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Fluency in English and Swahili
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: