Makueni County Registeration 2018 for Nurse I – Nephrology 2 Posts (34-44K)
Makueni County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
In order to strengthen the capacity of the Public Service, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Sections 45, 50 and 51 of the County Governments Act 2012.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient’s outcomes;
- Diagnosing common health conditions;
- Providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), Integrated Management of Adolescents and Adulthood illnesses (IMAI), immunization and reproductive health;
- Providing health education and counselling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
- Referring patients and clients appropriately; facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans; maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care;
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment;
- Collecting and collating data for research;
- Evaluating healthcare outcomes on patients/clients and preparing individualized reports;
- Conducting assessment of schools health needs;
- Planning, implementing interventions and preparing periodic reports;
- Identifying occupational health needs and making appropriate recommendations.
In addition to the above general duties, the officer at this level will be responsible for care of patients (paediatrics and adults) with kidney diseases. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assessment and nursing care of patients in the renal unit;
- Initiating of dialysis, patient and machine monitoring during dialysis and termination of dialysis procedure;
- Nursing care prior to and following renal transplant;
- Care of renal patients in the secondary stage involving rehabilitation and in the tertiary stage;
- Organizing for and coordinating training for staff on renal care;
- Ensuring a safe environment for care of patients;
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Served as a Registered Nurse for a minimum period of three years;
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental, Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution;
- Higher Diploma in Nephrology nursing from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Thursday, 16th February, 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: