Living Goods Job Vacancy For Network Program Manager, Application Details
Living Goods seeks to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved households by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered in the developing world.
To do this, Living Goods is not only scaling its direct implementation, but is now starting to provide technical assistance to governments and partners to the delivery of their community health services by improving their internal capacity to enhance implement best practices that have been tested and proven effective through LG direct operations.
Living Goods Kenya is co-designing with county governments, how to assist their networks of Community Health Volunteers and to provide technical assistance in implementing community health. LG will provide hands-on support, to build and strengthen community health systems, implement mHealth technologies and performance management support.
County Governments recognize a need to implement innovative approaches to achieve significant results in key areas within the reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health (RMNCH) space.
The goal of Living Goods support is to build capacity in order that high impact community health is managed by government and to fully owned by the Country Health Management Teams to ensure sustainability in the long term.
To support our ambitious goals in Kenya, we seek an experienced, innovative and passionate individual, with a strong-track record of delivering results, to join our Assisted Networks team as a Program Manager.
This role will work closely with both LG internal resources and sub county and county health management teams to ensure the flawless implementation of a new Assisted Network (AN) program focused on dramatically improving the health of millions of low income households.
The AN Program Manager will be accountable for supporting the capacity building of supervision of highly impactful community health volunteers in the sub counties we are operating in.
You will be an expert in effectively managing the implementation of health programs in Kenya. You will have primary responsibility for the management of all assisted network activities in a number of sub – counties. You will provide direct supervision to the Technical Advisors and Regional Field Technical Officers.
You will own delivering against our plans, coordinating across teams within LG and with our government partners and adjusting how we work as we learn as we go.
You will coordinate and operationalize the day-to-day support of the assistance provided to the networks of community health volunteers in the counties.
Table of Contents
Assisted Network Program Manager NGO Job Responsibilities
- Support the co-design and oversee the implementation of the Technical Assistance Program for your county(s) ensuring that technical assistance support is provided to time, budget and delivers the impact required.
- Plan all activities including mhealth solution training with government and partners, dispensing health kits, ensuring trainings are coordinated and supervision and performance management coaching sessions for community health extension workers (CHEWs) and sub-country management teams (SCMT) are happening.
- Facilitate county and cross-county collaboration including capturing learnings, adapting, improving, developing our AN model and identifying skills gaps and areas for strengthening community health systems to reflect best practice and what is viable in the field.
- Prepare and present reports and key insights as necessary to county teams and internally.
- Support the county teams to maximize performance of CHVS by setting targets and ensuring that key performance indicators (KPIs) are being achieved
- Ensure consistency in approach across all LG Assisted Networks
- Build strong relationships with county and sub county teams, working closely with the LG government relations and advocacy teams.
- Design and own methods for tracking progress and managing risks. Take corrective action if necessary.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to team members.
- Support team and individuals to build relationships with key partners in the region including the County Health Teams and other operating partners working with CHVs.
- Manage operations to keep costs as low as possible
Qualifications for the Assisted Network Program Manager NGO Job
- Undergraduate degree in business, management or health related areas.
- Minimum of 5 years of program management experience overseeing complex programs of which at least 2 years should be overseeing technical assistance programs.
- Good understanding of Kenyan health systems, ideally community health and working closely with county government teams.
- Proven ability to contribute and to succeed in a rapidly expanding and fast-paced organization.
- Exceptional analytical skills, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to adapt communication (verbal and written) to different stakeholders.
- Expertise in project planning and tracking tools. Expertise in the Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint is a must
How to Apply
Click here to apply for the position of Assisted Network Program Manager please follow the linkCompensation A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: