Living Goods Job Vacancy For Global Director, Human Resources, Application Details
- Develop a strategy. We need you to create the blueprint to guide our recruiting and retention efforts. You will develop employee growth forecasts and goals for attracting and retaining the best and brightest staff. Your strategy will be the benchmark by which we judge your department’s success.
- Lead the troops. You will guide a global team comprised of HR business partners and recruiting and retention experts. Your HR wisdom and collaborative management style will enable you to help your team members develop their professional knowledge and hone their leadership skills.
- Drive learning and development. You will identify innovative ways to develop our people through activities like online courses, conferences, employee exchanges, and training seminars. Since employees often leave organizations because of their managers, you will also find ways to grow our leaders and managers and help ensure that motivate, challenge, and retain great people.
- Build a culture based on our values. As the leader of our organizational culture, we need you to create a positive and productive workplace. One that values hard work, feedback and continuous improvement, inclusion and commitment.
- Recognize and reward greatness. You will develop creative ways to celebrate employee effort and results.
- Start off on the right note. Nobody remembers day 84 on the job, but we all remember day 1. Thus, you will ensure that Living Goods’ onboarding program helps staff feel welcome and well informed.
- Take to the streets (and the field). You will drive the people agenda globally, helping HR staff translate global goals at the local level. You will travel periodically to country and field offices and employ creative ways to inspire and support the work of the country teams.
- Make sure we play by the rules. The world is complex and so are HR practices and policies. We are steadfast in our commitment to being a workplace where everyone can thrive. You will ensure that Living Goods lives and breathes this commitment by serving as the focal point on audits and reports to government agencies, our partners and funders.
- Seasoned in Human Resources. You’ve built a successful career in Human Resources (HR) and have 15+ years’ experience working in a variety of areas, like talent acquisition, compliance, employee relations, employee engagement, learning & development, succession planning and organizational effectiveness. Advanced degree in Human Resources or other area preferred.
- International experience. You have experience in a global organization that works in developing countries. Places like like Ghana and Guinea, Tanzania and Timbuktu.
- Gets our model. Living Goods is a hybrid model. We’re a nonprofit organization with a business minded approach. We use business practices to achieve social goals. Candidates with for-profit and nonprofit experience preferred.
- Customer Service Skills. Like the acronym “HR,” our team is both human and resourceful. You can enhance the image of Human Resources. You can change the HR paradigm from “you can’t do that” to “yes we can.”
- Lives our values. You can thrive in our culture – you can demonstrate inclusion, integrity, innovation, quick footedness, collaboration, and accountability.
- Team player. You play well with others enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
- Multitasks. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘staying calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply
Call Laura Wigglesworth, Director, Talent Acquisition, in Washington DC at 202.286.2179 or on skype: laura.retzler or e-mail her: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: