Living Goods Job Vacancy 2018 for Director, Health Programs, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Living Goods Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Living Goods Job Vacancy 2018
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate lean and nimble. We train community health workers to bring health services and life-saving products to families’ doorsteps.
We also empower community health workers through mobile phones. We teach them how to detect and treat common illnesses like pneumonia, malaria, malnutrition, and diarrhea. We develop smart phone apps to guide home visits and create predictive algorithms to make the best use of community health workers’ time. We test new tools like paperless referrals to clinics and biosensors to monitor infant and child growth.
Living Goods Kenya has worked in Kenya for five years. We have a team of 180 and will grow to 300 by over the next three years. This year we will serve one million people in Kenya. In four years we’ll serve over seven million. We’re growing because we have a winning model and mission: to ensure that every mother and child has basic healthcare in their community.
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
Five years ago, Living Goods Kenya resembled a talented chamber music group. Now we are a full-fledged orchestra. And like every great orchestra, ours needs a great musical director. Someone to ensure that our programs hit all the high notes. Reflect the latest evidence on what works in community health.
- Ensure program excellence. You are our top technical expert. The one who stays on top of research. Identifies new products and services to incorporate into Living Goods fieldwork. A go getter who uses evidence and data to develop improvements to the LG model with a view to optimizing impact and cost effectiveness.
- Motivate the managers. You will lead a team of managers: Monitoring & Evaluation, Health Advisor among others. You will help them hone their skills and capabilities, solve problems and learn from and support each other.
- Ensure Quality. You will ensure that data we glean is robust and reliable. You will also help develop indicators to measure community health worker performance and client satisfaction.
- Influence externally. Represent LG at different fora; including with other donors, policy-makers and other entities to advocate for and influence adoption of community health best practices and policies. You will build strong relationships with Ministry of Health officials.
- Develop new programs. You will support the Country Director by leading all aspects of program design in business development, assess partnership and funding opportunities and provide technical direction on bid/no-bid decisions.
- Technical creds. 10+ years of relevant experience in Kenya public health programs, 5 of which must be in Research Design/M&E and implementation of maternal and child health programs. You have an MPH or MD.
- Motivate the team. You will lead your team, draw lessons from their experiences, hone their techniques, and solve problems along the way. You will also help team members learn from and support each other.
- Team player. You play well with others enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
- Multitasks. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘keeping calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
- People management skills. You are a seasoned, collaborative manager & team leader, who productively engages & motivate team to aspire for excellence, ambitious and challenges status quo.
- Problem solving skills. You can understand complex research problems and solutions. You like to get things done in a structured, methodical way.
- Lives our values. You can thrive in our culture – you can demonstrate inclusion, integrity, innovation, quick footedness, collaboration, and accountability.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Living Goods career website on livinggoods.applytojob.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: