Living Goods Job Vacancy 2018 for Database Administrator, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Living Goods job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Living Goods Job Vacancy 2018
At Living Goods we empower people to improve the health of their families, friends and communities. Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ health entrepreneurs who go door to door to teach families how to improve their health and wealth and sell life-changing products such as simple treatments for malaria and diarrhea, safe delivery kits, fortified foods, clean cook stoves, water filters, and solar lights. By combining the best practices from business and public health, we are dramatically lowering child mortality AND creating livelihoods for thousands of enterprising women.
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your management chops to make a difference, not just money? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big but operate lean and nimble. We train community health workers to bring lifesaving products and health services to people’s doorsteps.
We also transform community health through mobile phones. Using the disruptive power of mobile technology, we’ve equipped and deployed 7,500 community health workers across Africa. These community health workers treat common illnesses like pneumonia, diarrhea, and malaria. They also provide ongoing care to 6 million people at a fraction of the cost of doctors and nurses. In the places we work, Living Goods has reduced child mortality by 27 percent.
The secret to our success is having a winning team. One that enables people to bring their ideas and creativity to work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, meet challenges with determination and a have a sense of humor, come work for Living Goods.
Living Goods is fighting poverty and disease by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered in the developing world. We train community health workers to bring life-saving products and health services to families’ doorsteps, and we give them mobile phone applications to help with medical decision making and optimize the use of their time. Through our operations, we generate vast quantities of data, which we then use to improve our operations, analyse our effectiveness, and guide our expansion.
Living Goods is seeking an exceptionally qualified Database Admin to help us model, organize, transform, validate, secure, and catalogue this personal health data, supplemented with public data and data from our partners. Putting this data in the right form, with the right tools, is essential to our ability to grow and improve, and ultimately to serve our clients. You’ll be a good fit if you can handle all aspects of data engineering, from establishing data pipelines to supporting visualization technologies for analysts.
- Administer Living Goods databases which include SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and CouchDB. This includes updates, maintenance and appropriate support.
- Configure database instances, recommend physical data models, and optimize for performance.
- Design our databases accordingly to meet our future requirements.
- Living Goods collect data from various streams/applications; ensuring that the correct data is stored in the right place at the right time.
- Create and monitor systems for data cleaning, transformation and proper validation.
- Collaborate with our data analysts, software developers, operations teams, and partners, who are the producers and consumers of data. Help them choose the right data and develop database systems to support them.
- Write technical documentation, including data catalogues, standards, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from a top academic program, or equivalent experience.
- Experience using and administering relational and non-relational database platforms, and expertise of at least two databases(preferably SQL Server and CouchDB).
- Understanding of Realtime data pipelines and streaming platforms
- Strong analytic skills, especially data consolidation from diverse data sets.
- Experience of linking disconnected data sets to meet business requirements.
- Understanding of data reporting and visualization i.e. dashboards.
- Experience of software development or database scripting to support databases.
- Great English communication skills.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Living Goods career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More